Bring back Old Models

Why do you even bother

Or they could literally have a toggle option for people who want to see it on their end. What does that disrupt? If I’m the only one seeing it who cares?

I know I certainly don’t. Unless they remain broken due to the skeletal rigging.

The current option for toggling the old models is client side already, ie: no one else sees the old model in game besides you. So they could easily do the same for animations

1 Like

Well, I think some of it is also due to the armor and how it was made for the updated skeletons. They would likely have to go to and tweak all those as well for the classic skeletons.

got-dayum zettalace… my wig. you snatched me bald…

you scalper you, savage. remind me not to tussle with you in a dark alley

the thing is the old models were ingame from 2004-2014, up until wod. classic is only 1.0 version of wow. many characters made up until wod didnt exist in classic. i mained a human hunter from cata - mop, and she looked a certain type of way. i will never be able to recreate this character ever again as she was. for two reasons. one being her model was remastered involuntarily and the toggle removed. two. classic will not offer me features made available in 4.0 which was the introduction of the hunter class to the human race. i see classic going up until wrath but definitely dont see cata or mop making a comeback therefore any characters made between those two expansions will be lost in time and ineligible for recreation

It’s unfortunately not a thing that’s going to happen for numerous reasons now. Old models are incompatible with new spell animations, often removing the old models’ limbs from their bodies or making them look like wet noodles when they cast.

The real nail in the coffin is the new character customization options. They are not compatible with the old textures so people with new customizations would not be able to appear correctly on old models.

Lastly, the plethora of new races because of allied races would leave the old races looking bad while the new races have newer models and textures. It unfortunately would be a logistical nightmare and I don’t see it as something they would invest time in.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Old orc model >>> all current orc models.

1 Like

lol sadly true. the only ones that ever gained any steam or momentum were the 10,000+ page high elf threads every other day, those just couldnt be ignored any longer; and now look at me now

But it still says you’re a void elf rogue…

/removes gauntlet, begins to thlap you thilly with it

dare you to make such assumptions?! void? me?! the nerve, the audacity. i would never. touch that stuff

Not possible anymore with the crapload of new barber options added in Shadowlands. The removal of the option in BfA, done so right before they gave night elves the Night Warrior options, should’ve been a sign that they would be overhauling the barber in the future and that the old models aren’t coming back. The past shouldn’t be allowed to hold back the future.

You’re in the minority on this by a lot

Options are always a good thing. I don’t see what’s wrong with a player having the options to switch back to the old models. It would have zero effect on players who like the new models.

1 Like

I think they should just port the old male gnome hair over.

Seriously blizzard, what the heck happened there on the revamp?

thats how i feel with some of the female nelf hair… some of the styles uh… look like…

/cues rupauls drag race theme
gentlemen start you engines

Isn’t there a toggle for this?

No, it was removed after WoD.