Bring back Old Models

Or you could just play classic and let the rest of us enjoy nice things.

5 Likes

Why would anybody want old and dated models?
Just go play classic

4 Likes

i feel they should bring back the old models for people who want them. its no problem with me. classic got to use updated world graphics from retail

1 Like

Play classic or mod your client

ahh, yes, classic models

male humans with their weird lips

male orcs with that one face that doesn’t have lips, just teeth

male night elves with the one face option that put teeth behind your teeth

female tauren that look like muppets

and weird, flat looking hair for everybody, like everybody’s wearing a wig made of PNG images

9 Likes

The original models are just too old for them to offer this option. They had it for a while in Legion, but the old models and new models shared skeletons/rigging, which made the old models look like low-poly noodle monsters. It was really bad.

I will say though that the new models, even with the newly added customizations, don’t do well at capturing all of the appearances offered by the original models. And yeah, the new “one size fits all” melee animations used by all races are kinda lame sometimes. If they could add new customizations that aim squarely at being modern reproductions of the original models’ appearances and added a toggle to use combat animations inspired by those of the original models, I think that’d be nice.

Got to love the ol’ response “gO pLaY cLaSsIc” because you don’t have an actual argument for why it shouldn’t be in the game.
I don’t want to play classic because it sucks.
I want the old models.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be in the game because its a system that’s been improved upon. To go backwards would just be fanservice to vary small group of people.

My orc would go back to back problems and stumps for hands and feet.

1 Like

Old models suck. Get with the times, grandpa.

7 Likes

Nothing more enjoyable than caster animations that caused so many clipping issues and cut the flow of casting animations.

Go play a Human Female mage and watch as she leans down and up over and over, since their idle stance does not match their casting animation.

1 Like

Gross, no way.

2 Likes

I have one. It shouldn’t be in game because the last time they tried they goofed the rigging and couldn’t seem to make it work. However if they can fix that then I dont see a reason why not. I think Everquest 2 used to have 2 or 3 options for different model styles.

I want this. I made a forum post about it too, no idea why they couldn’t add it client side. That way you can still see your precious updated animations and I can see my precious classic animations. Warrior weapon swings just don’t feel the same anymore, the new animations are all too soft imo.

Just because one chooses to eat out of the garbage can when they don’t have to, doesn’t mean that food is precious.

I agree, the new models and animations are hot garbage

Not sure what the harm would be adding a toggle in the advanced settings. It’s not like anyone else would see old models.

It wouldn’t be my cup of tea, but why not cater to a very simple personal preference that harms nothing?

1 Like

You know there’s a trend of horror games being intentionally made with Ps1 era graphics and controls because of a philosophy that things being old and outdated make it more scary. I highly suspect you may enjoy these types of things if you think the new models are garbage and the old ones are somehow better.

Either way I recommend the horror game thing. They’re pretty good.

Why do you even bother

Or they could literally have a toggle option for people who want to see it on their end. What does that disrupt? If I’m the only one seeing it who cares?