Bring back mage tower artifact appearances

saw that too :eyes:

1 Like

Yes please bring them back. They are just cosmetics now, and give so much incentive to do the towers again.

I had the weapons I wanted, but as I’ve re-rolled and replaced some characters over the years I’ve lost access to the weapons. That’s my bad, but honestly didn’t think that’s how it would work. I did earn them on my account after all. I think it’s lame leaving a crossed out row when pulling up your artifact weapon. Bet the game would regain significant subs

3 Likes

Bring them back so I can collect this guy tears, the true endgame

3 Likes

Put individual mage tower appearances on the trading post, but give each one a price of 1,001 tender. Would be hilarious.

2 Likes

I have all 36.

Try again loser

I"m for them bringing everything back that makes ppl feel special about their pixel exclusivity. Preferably in game store. Win-win.

5 Likes

:rofl:

skill expression

Just bring them back with different color variations. Problem solved.

Man do I have some news for you.

No.

/10 chars

Literally hundreds of other transmog options. Pick something else :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not as good-looking as the Legion skins tho

I must say, Blizz has really been slacking off for several years now on making good-looking mogs, even BFA had some good-looking/aesthetic mogs (example: warfront sets for Human)

Having “hundreds” of transmog options doesn’t mean much if they’re ugly or “meh” looking
 people crave/want good-looking mogs and skins

And history shows that when a good-looking “shiny” reward is the carrot-on-a-stick there’s a noticeable uptick in player activity/participation like what happened when Mage Tower came back (was the talk of the forums/flurry of front-page activity for like 2 months)

1 Like

i agree i have the paladin ret artifact and the outlaw rogue artifact and tbh they arent aging well im alright with them making them available again

they wont but this is me being a nice person

once again asking blizzard to not take away content people have paid for and bring back artifact weapon appearances from the mage tower. it does not make sense to remove content from the game that was paid for by players and if you disagree you are wrong. if you pay to play the game you get access to the entire game. do not remove content from the game.

2 Likes

i actually am fine with blizzard removing content, it gives me a reason to do the content honestly.

for example, i usually cant be bothered to do mythic raiding for the title or the mog because i know i can just come back and get it in a couple years solo.

that being said, though
 if blizzard is going to remove content/rewards, then blizzard needs to ensure they keep adding new rewards that are better than the previous ones.

like blizzard removed WoD challenge mode weapons and immediately made new weapon rewards with the mage tower (and i consider the mage tower weapons to be much better than the WoD challenge mode weapons)

blizzard really just needs to keep making challenge mode content

the new mage tower doesn’t count, the rewards arent that great, they are simply recolors of the Tomb of Sargeras mythic tier (and i actually hold the opinion that the regular mythic TOS druid tier looks much better than the timewalking mage tower druid tier).

so basically six years have passed since blizzard added anything that lives up to the hype of the mage tower weapons, which is why there are so many people asking to have them put back in.

1 Like

I missed out on a lot of Mage Tower appearances. It stings because I’ve done many of them in the Timewalking version. Extra salt in the wound hearing everyone say it’s harder now than it was back then, so why do I not deserve a weapon too? The main argument against it seems to be “They earned it, you didn’t!” but they brought back the exact same challenge, so you could argue that yes, we do deserve it.

I’ve moved on from hoping for it, and at this point I’d rather just see something new. We got a cool fel bear that everyone went bananas over (me included) so they’ve shown us they are capable of giving new Mage Tower rewards, they are just too lazy to do so.

Forget the Mage Tower, I want them on the Trading Post like other past colectables.

i can honestly tell you that the mage tower in Legion was WAY WAY easier than the timewalking shadowlands version
when people say that to you, they are being honest.

so yeah, i would agree with you by saying that if they put the legion weapons into the current mage tower, it would still preserve (or enhance) the prestige associated with these weapons because they would be harder to get now.

1 Like

Yes, so this completely nullifies the “they earned it, you didn’t” argument. Anyone who goes in and completes it now earned it just as much as someone who did it in Legion. It is quite literally the exact same challenge. It’s as stupid as saying nobody can win a World Cup because why weren’t you there in 1930?

1 Like

the new shadowlands mage tower isn’t even completely the same, its much more challenging now because in legion you had your beefed up artifact weapons with full artifact traits and legion legendaries along with tier bonuses from ToS or Antorus to help you.

in the shadowlands one, all legendaries are disabled, all tier bonuses are disabled, in shadowlands all covenants were disabled (although we got some of those via our talent trees now)