Bring back mage tower artifact appearances

Did they? I honestly can’t remember them saying that. If you could find it, that’d be a different story.

Except what I said and what you replied to is literally the correct analogy. It’s nothing like what you said. It debunks literally nothing.

You clearly have FOMO. You want the old mage tower rewards so bad you’ll make up terrible analogies to prove your point.

I’m perfectly fine with not having things I missed out on. Bringing back every limited time thing quite literally makes them worthless. Am I sad my DH missed out on the cool fiery pink warglaives from the MT? Sure. But I read the fine print that said it was limited and I’m content with that.

With the current iteration of the Mage Tower being insanely harder then it was with Legion being that you can’t outgear it or use legendaries, I don’t see a problem with the artifact appearances being brought back.

For what it’s worth, I am speaking as someone who obtained 3 out of the 36 appearances during Legion.

1 Like

Can’t find the original, but I found the post where they actively went back on their own word, and the original is quoted in it.

Your opinion on my analogy doesn’t matter at this point. Blizzard went back on their word once, this is a fact. They can do it again.

1 Like

Sorry but no. There is no original that said the new iteration was temporary, like the Legion one. Therefore they didn’t go back on their word. Again, if you can find where they did say it, that’s a different story.

It’s not an opinion. The only fact is that your analogy was a fail and had nothing to do with anything.

1 Like

I did find it, and linked it. You refusing to read it isn’t my problem. You only need to read the last sentence. I’ll quote it right here for you.

Having heard feedback and seen how it has played out, we agree that a personal skill challenge being available only for a short window of time every few months isn’t in the spirit of these types of events. As such, starting on the week of March 29 , the Mage Tower will be accessible at any time, no longer tied to the Legion Timewalking Bonus Event.

I’m not arguing with you over this any longer, as you have no real reason they needn’t come back besides wanting to continue to berate people who want it. Have a nice day!

1 Like

Actually, here it is:

They said the mage tower would only be open during Legion Timewalking at first but here we are now.

1 Like

Dang I was looking in the wrong place, thanks for finding that!

Again, that’s not what I’m asking for. I’m asking where it says it would never come back like the original Legion one did. It doesn’t.

I don’t get the problem with bringing these rewards back. I have my appearances, and I wouldn’t mind if someone got the original Legion ones.

When old Naxxramas was going away and being reworked into WotLK Naxx, no one was going to be able to get the old tier sets again until later through BMAH, which costed a crap ton of gold. Now, they made it to where you can craft them in 10.1.5, to get those old tier sets again. They did the same to the old scholomance gear too, why shouldn’t they with Legion mage tower?

Sounds like you’re just trying to cling to whatever relevance you think you have because you have these appearances.

2 Likes

Are we just going to pretend like Blizzard never goes back on their word at all?

Except I don’t lol. Like I said earlier, the fiery warglaives that DH got from there were amazing and I’d have loved to have gotten them. I didn’t. I missed out on getting and tha’ts fine. I read the fine print that said it was going away and I’m fine with that.

If you’re going to make up stuff about me how about I assume stuff about you? You say you have the appearances, but it’s highly you’re lying and just want to make it seem like you have them and have no problem with them coming back. Except you don’t and just want your shot at them.

You’re generating a lot and sound and fury over limited time pixels that you want to possess, friendo.

3 Likes

yay! was hoping this thread would pop up again!

(oh and no! special pixels are special pixels)
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

I have my appearances, I don’t really value them because it was a complete joke to do them when you had entry level Argus gear. That said, I don’t support them returning because the Mage Tower and the appearances from day one, and a year before then were stated to be a limited time event.

Furthermore even after I had mine, people still struggled and Blizzard reduced the entry fee significantly, they gave people 40+ ranks of artifact weapon free above what it was tuned to you having, were 20-40 ilvls above its scaling, and even just at a point left it fully open for a significant time where it wasn’t rotating with a 1000 announcements “HEY THIS IS GOING AWAY! DO IT NOW! WE MADE IT SUPER EASY!”

The funny thing is people obsess over things like the Outlaw Rapiers and act like it was a super hard challenge, I curbstomped Imp Mother in like 6 attempts when I learned what was going on and my only real “wipe” that wasn’t mechanical failure was me being stupid, greeding on her at low HP instead of bursting the imp thinking I had lethal before her shield went invuln and I died at like 2%.

Kruul was more a challenge of me learning how to play subtlety than the actual fight itself.

The Assassination one I don’t even really remember past I kept dots on 3 targets and they eventually fell over while I bleed kited.

1 Like

I knew someone would quote me on that, thanks!

It’s less about the appearance and more so the fact that players doing the same challenge are not getting the same rewards. I’d be just as upset if it were a lack of a title, achievement, or anything else non-cosmetic to show off a feat you accomplished.

It’s not the same challenge. It’s easier in some regards, harder in others. The first release of the brought back Mage Tower was trivialized on some classes twinking with the Crusader enchant being absurdly busted.

3 Likes

You’re free to check my achievements if there’s some achievement for it. If. It I could always screenshot it in game later tonight when I get online, but I did get it. I’ve been playing since TBC and Mage Tower wasn’t difficult for me. I wouldn’t mind if someone did it today and got the mage tower appearance for the artifact, it doesn’t diminish my accomplishment back then or anything.

And I mean, that’s the only logical explanation to why you’d be against a change like this. Maybe you got an appearance on your rogue there and feel special about completing it in Legion, and feel as if it’s returned, it’ll diminish that somehow. You’re trying to cling to some type of relevancy lol.

But it is the same challenge. We can argue all day about the nuances of what is different and what isn’t, but you’re being purposely dense if you don’t think it’s the same challenge.

it’s not the same challenge…not even close. there’s actually plenty of evidence to support the claim that it’ll never be the same either.

You can look at classic WoW as a good example.

Content that’s been solved and min/maxed to death, isn’t the same as when it was current in a completely different era.

please know what you’re talking about :grimacing:

2 Likes

I don’t like when people bring this up. There are plenty of players who didn’t play WoW during Legion or didn’t even start the game until post-Legion that this arbitrary gatekeeping effects. You’re implying that everyone who doesn’t have it was being lazy and passing up the opportunity on purpose.