Bring back Mage Tower appearances so my friends will play again

“The rewards are ugly, so give it to me anyways”
It’s perfectly fine that you don’t care about prestige. It is not fine to belittle and take away people’s accomplishments for your own selfish reasons to own items.

3 Likes

I’ll take stuff that never happened for 200.

These threads just get sadder and sadder every time. Limited time content is objectively good for the game. For most games even. That’s why so many games do it. Limited Edition will always be a huge draw, no matter what.

2 Likes

ye well…I want lil’ Nefarion pet. but i didn’t get collector’s edition so my hard luck i guess.

I think limited edition item’s is what spices thing’s up a bit, And definately makes one stand out as a unique individual.

Well if people can’t be bothered to get the sets that they know will become exclusive when they are available they lose the right to complain about other ones they don’t have Imo.

That pet isn’t a collectors edition item, and you can still get it on the BMAH anyways.

LOL lil’ Deathwing i meant

That’s where you’re wrong. Nothing has any value in this game. You believe in something which is a lie and that’s where the crux lies. You misunderstand selfishness with awareness of the actual situation.

I never said that the accomplishments are invalid but they do not matter. Everything we do in this game does not matter. We do not own anything and therefore your personal attachment to the property of a company makes it very unreasonable for you to defend this situation when people want to have access to their leased accounts. Everything should be available for the sake of happiness and not because you feel an obligation to defend your position - which, let’s be honest - is childish. I would completely agree with you if we haven’t signed those EULAs but the reality is different.

Nothing matters. Not my character, your character. Absolutely nothing. Give the people access to everything until the servers are shut down. If you truly want to justify your reasoning, then open up your own private server because this is the only way you’re master over your own progression.

3 Likes

Oh, you can still get him from the cata collectors edition with unused keys. They show up periodically.

Adding the artifacts and CM sets to the BMAH makes sense IMO considering all of the other crazy limited time stuff they’ve added to it.

I’d rather they bring back the MoP Cloak and WoD Ring Legendary quests…

Here’s a thought… how about for the people that had Legion but didn’t play it after MT was released have like a checkpoint. The checkpoint could be an achievement such as finishing obtaining our spec weapon during the legion era, and will allow us another chance at the original MT challenge.

2 Likes

My guild is dead atm, many made millions of gold during mage tower, i have 3 hours left on my sub.

Release a date for 9.2 so the entire player base can organise when they are coming back and make mage tower active for every tw week.

1 Like

I do hate limited time and fomo mechanics in games but I seem to be in the minority.

2 Likes

You are not in a minority. People, who usually are pro FOMO, need some validation they do not get from the RL to feel successful. If we look at the game what it is, then it’s a rented service where all your data is saved not on your PC but on their servers.

You own nothing.

3 Likes

There is no road in where you get to maintain your dignity while being honest about your motivations. Either humble yourself and admit you’re bad and simply want things you don’t deserve or accept the status quo and walk away with your ego intact. Belittling others while stretching your hand out isn’t actually a viable strategy.

If it is so meaningless, you shouldn’t care. If it was so easy to acquire, you should have acquired it when you could have. There is no strategy or argument where you can come off as aloof that doesn’t defeat your own argument.

Wrong approach here. This is no doom and gloom scenario about skill level (which, in my opinion is just another topic which has nothing to do with the rewards) and in the end “work smarter, not harder” always triumphs, paired with persistence. For the same reason you will likely find a conversation with me where you might will be right if you poke long enough around.

See above. Work smarter, not harder. It’s a very easy concept. With the given boost mentality it was very easy for all of us five to get what we want ever since WoD. The only hurdle were some artifact weapons we could have lived without it and the pvp hawkstrider in Highmountains but again, we applied the smarter/harder philosophy to it this and the next expansion to exploit the loophole by being our own enemies for a few pvp achievements.

No offense here, but of course I can. It’s actually the other way around: You have to bring me good reasons why I should not share my FOMO-items with other people to make them happy despite me not using them regularly on established character fantasies or races which suits them. Why should I not make it available to someone who would truly wear it 24/7, like the few “chosen ones” who have Garrosh’s tusks? What make me so special so I should not share a FOMO digital item with them?

It’s all a matter of perspective. Of course we should make everything available to all the players. It’s a digital game which will cease function at one point where people will finally will get what the want on private servers.

2 Likes

How is someone bad for not obtaining something they can’t even do the challenge for? This is the backwards thinking that ruins WoW.

3 Likes

if your ‘friends’ only will come back to do a mage tower then they aren’t even gonna stick around after they finish it. that is such a moronic thing to keep someone from playing the game. if i had to guess they quit for a multitude of other reasons and just name one thing they disliked when asked about it.

I understand both sides here - I wouldn’t agree with bringing back limited time sets - however, mythic raid mogs should be limited as well - just like the m+ titles and mounts, just like the elite pvp gear etc. HOWEVER. at least make mogs and mounts completely account-wide and not region-locked. we were there, we got our mogs mounts titles whatever - just because we got it on US doesn’t mean we don’t get to have it on EU.
inb4 “its not possible replies” it is absolutely possible. the hearthstone rewards are given to all licenses under the same account regardless of region. character progression (even background character progression since mogs, mounts, and titles are accountwide anyway now) should NOT be region locked. there is no reason for it to be region locked nor is it impossible to do. blizzard has shown this with their other games as well

I understand your a DK but you didn’t need to bring this post back from the dead

6 Likes