Bring back Mage Tower appearances so my friends will play again

show us your mistweaver transmog you are trying to match - i would be amazed if someone couldn’t find a decent weapon for it.

It was surprising. Whenever I bring this up as an example of removed challenge rewards being reintroduced, it’s often scoffed at as “oh it’s PvP who cares”

I am in the ‘it’s ugly’ who cares camp

Yeah well most of those people probably don’t pvp.

Yeah and that’s understandable. I just found it very interesting that they brought back an unobtainable PvP Elite appearance and stuck it on a casual timewalking vendor :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t think they realize how much money they’re losing by not keeping the Mage Tower up.

3 Likes

not much, just people like OP pretending his friends who didnt really like the game left because of it.

3 Likes

Would not be surprised if they completely overlooked that and just made a mistake.

Pretty sure Garsto is talking about TW MT and not OG MT.

Well, if they did, then I hope whoever made the mistake does it again!

1 Like

That has to be a major oversight, and not something they actually intended. There’s zero other examples of this happening. A flub on Blizzard’s part (because it obviously is one) doesn’t mean things should be reintroduced. It means that bow’s coloration should be changed.

Well, considering this is extremely recent, we can’t really rush to judgment on that yet. Time will tell if this was precedent-setting or if it indeed was just a mistake, but it happened regardless so we should simply keep our eye on things to see if a repeat happens.

Probably, and it’s like they can’t really change it or remove it now because people have already obtained it from the TW vendor so they kinda put themselves in a bad spot. Definitely a blunder on Blizz’s end though.

It’s an absolute miniscule amount.

They should add better looking stuff for newer players to get. That’s what it needs.

3 Likes

Bring back Challenge Mode transmog and mounts
Bring back OG mage tower
nerf them to the ground so anyone can do them
Imbibe never-ending tears from naysayers

2 Likes

This is exactly my problem with removing content - any content - from the game. It makes it harder and harder to care, because a lot of the “goal” items for collection are just going to be gone.

3 Likes

If we’re saying that then you could say Legion added a massive 226 appearances into the game and only removed 36 of those at the end of the xpac.

You still have a massive 190 appearances that are still obtainable from that xpac. When you look at it that way they really didn’t take away much.

The weapon mogs were awesome but more than anything I wish they would design stuff that’s even better than that for us to obtain now or at least something that has as much effort put into the design as those. Feels like we haven’t had that in a long time - weapons, mogs and mounts included.

If I’m not mistaken there were three additional recolors per spec that you could obtain after unlocking the MT appearance, meaning 4 appearances per spec x 36.

1 Like

Bring black mage tower appearance from FF14.