Bring back Mage Tower appearances so my friends will play again

I had a group of friends quit because they were tired of Blizzard arbitrarily removing things from the game and then selectively choosing what to add back. They started in BfA after some convincing and got really into the game, but after Blizzard lifted the restrictions on the Legion Transmog the appearances started showing up everywhere and one of my friends who plays to collect realized that Blizzard literally hasn’t added a good looking weapon appearance since artifacts and decided to quit, and it was kind of a domino affect.

Is keeping the appearances exclusive really worth getting back paying customers when this game is in a desperate place? I say just add them back please.

41 Likes

no.
limited time means limited time.

58 Likes

Bring back downvotes pls.

77 Likes
35 Likes

They got to have them exclusively for years and years now. I think they got quite a good reward for their effort. Making them unobtainable forever is stupid and they should backpedal on this logic.

27 Likes

True and that’s bad design :

Moving forward as Community we should ask for evergreen features so this kind of topic doesn’t repeat and we’ve plenty of content for new and returning players instead of disappointing things.

9 Likes

no, thats not the point.

they said it was limited. which means…limited. there’s nothing to backpedal on.
there has been lot of limited in things in wow that aren’t coming back. and I’m sure there will be still going forward.

16 Likes

And just like the other challenge appearances, they’ll have them exclusive forever.

It’s not. You just don’t like it.

Ask for new rewards not old stuff.

24 Likes

That’s what i mean a lot of players don’t like this time limited features/rewards.

So, players should ask for new rewards that keep validated not matter the expansion.

Regarding MT, well that one was pushed back to live by the community and rewards due to this reward limited design, they’ve to create new ones to avoid a diminish issue on previous rewards.

I think rewards around a seasonal content like Gladiator/KSM are OK some other casual features like MT, Islands and Torghast should remain evergreen.

8 Likes

They CAN backpedal on anything they say. There’s nothing them stopping them from undoing bad decisions. I don’t think that what they did with the mage tower was enough. In fact, it was kind a slap in the face to bring it back and offer way worse rewards that are yet again new armor sets when new weapon skins are what this game desperately needs.

16 Likes

I mean it was harder then most of legion mage tower I don’t see why they shouldn’t. The mage tower weapons were alot of the best weapon mogs in legion and its a shame they aren’t earnable in game when there is a perfectly usable place to earn them.

14 Likes

There’s been a whole three challenge modes with limited time appearances.

You’ve got hundreds upon hundreds of other appearances to work towards. Those three challenge modes do not make or break the game.

The goal should always be to ask for new content and new rewards— evergreen if that’s what you want. We need new not old.

The only limited time rewards I agree with are challenge mode PvE and Elite PvP. Otherwise, nothing else should be removed, imo.

6 Likes

your first part contradicts your second part. im wondering, did they quit because bliz allowed more transmog and then youre arguing to allow more transmog?

True but doesn’t promote the game for new and returning players, in another post someone mentioned that a friend missed some rewards while being outside due to military duty. Some things in game should be there on later expansions at least on my opinion.

True, however some Old could be a step to new things, now that they bring the MT, Devs could add a new set of bosses to queue there after you defeat the first one.

:+1:

2 Likes

Mage tower alone added like… what, 36 appearances? That’s a huge number of items to get wiped from the game.

And people have been saying “just get the new rewards” as if all rewards are created equal. It’s been two whole expansions and they still haven’t produced anything as good as what they did in Legion.

So pragmatically they should be added back because we’re literally keeping new players from every obtaining the best looking stuff in the game forever.

10 Likes

Lol no, “time limited” means time limited.

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but if new or returning players are somehow uoset over three challenge mode appearances, then there’s more they dislike about the game than those things.

This is also a poor excuse that people use when there’s not good argument to be had. Especially because almost every single game I’ve ever played has had listed time items and no one ever cries about those like GD tried to so around here.

I apologize for the grumpy, but I’m tired of hearing about this by a handful of people over and over with the same poor excuses. So before I get more grumpy, I’m going to mute this. I love you all and no one deserves my grumpy sick attitude. :purple_heart:

Edit to address this:

My Mage has three CM appearances she can’t use out of hundreds.

You’ll live.

10 Likes

In any collection type of activity, stamps, baseball card, pokemon, MTG, etc. there’s commons and rares. If there’s no rares it’s just a commodity because no one cares about the commons.

Limited time “I was there” type of rewards are a perfectly fine way to create some of those rare items.

6 Likes

I mean sure what they said back then was fine but… would microsoft agree later is the question? :thinking: “Hey we can put that stuff in the store and make a lot of money!”

Those are games based only on RNG, i was talking more of the perspective that MT shouldn´t be a limited time feature, at least from my POV there’s 2 routes:

1- It gives the weapon skins for that season and next season new set of rewards and it’s being balance each expansion around any player power even including new Bosses.

2- It’s escalated to a limit like they did during this last iteration that brought it back with not borrowed powers and a set of limitations that will remain not matter the expansion with a set of rewards permanently.

Both scenarios provide rare rewards, first because it’s seasonal like Gladiator / KSM, second one because only skilled players could beat the challenge but it’s available for any new player.

At least from my pov.

1 Like