Bring Back Exorcism / Get Rid of Lame Sound Effects

I swear, half the reason why I don’t play Ret these days is because of the lame sound effects. Like seriously, exorcism was such a cool ability, and it was so satisfying to press. Blade of justice or w/e sounds like you’re banging a trash can…

Bring back exorcism, and enough with the garbage sound effects.

12 Likes

i have high hopes for the new talent trees, including ones to make boj turn into exorcism, and the triumphant return of long arm of the law

2 Likes

I hate the casting animation of BoJ and Death Coil (DK), I hope these two abilities get new ones eventually, just looks so silly.

3 Likes

I hate blade of justice so much it is unreal

2 Likes

Some part of me was hoping Exorcism would come back as a ranged ability with no cooldown—that it’d be to paladins what Crackling Jade Lightning is to monks.

Honestly, though, Denounce would look better for that purpose, and Exorcism as a cosmetic glyph replacement for Blade of Justice would be a WAY more welcome way of getting it back in our kits!

…A thought just popped into my head: what if Exorcism were the baseline ability, and then players who happen to like BoJ have the option of glyphing Exorcism back to becoming BoJ?

4 Likes

Hopefully blizz looks into all the animosity around BoJ, the idea is cool a blade coming from the gorund but it jsut doesnt feel good, sound good or looks good.

I just want exoscism back, with its old crit on undead and demons, a filler spell like that that would always crit on certian mobs wouldnt make a dent on dps but it would help the feel of what we used to be so much.

3 Likes

I want Exorcism back, one of the best sound effects in the game.
I want the old Judgment hammer back where it falls down from the sky.
I want the old Divine Storm animation back with the golden lightning.
I want Glyph of Fire From the Heavens back.
Hell, I even miss Holy Wrath sometimes.

Give BoJ a shadowy particle effect and move it over to DKs. It would work great for the Clawing Shadows talent which is currently pretty lackluster in terms of visuals.

1 Like

I prefer the sounds of Prot, lots of banging and clashing. Ret does sound somewhat odd in comparison.

1 Like

Brother i’ve been advocating for old divine storm, back for a long time here and everytime i get some mouth breather saying that the new one is better.

2 Likes

do you mean the animation of the character or the actual particles
because i have radically different opinions of both

The animation of the actual storm with the hammers and yellow lightning.

1 Like

ye
that i like

can’t say i liked doing a slight twirl with it though

Id like the old animation but to cast it you stabbed the sword onto the ground with both hands.

2 Likes

YEEE
That’d be pretty badass tbh
like a kneeling thrust right?

Yeah, like youre praying while the storm coalesces around you.

Like real cool old school faith based paladin.

BoJ always felt like an UH DK thing, like that’s what FS should have been with some different colors, and maybe an unholy effect.

Idk, it just doesn’t feel like a good melee attack animation, even for DK.

For “special” abilities such as Execution Sentence, Final Reckoning, Consecration, and Raise Ally, Frostwyrm’s Fury, for DK, etc… it makes sense.

For Paladins, you’re raising your Weapon to call down an attack from the heavens.

For Death Knights, you’re “summoning” something from the earth, so raising your hand again makes sense.

But why do Paladins have this funky Blade of Justice animation that calls a Holy Blade animation from the ground?

Doesn’t seem to make much sense to me.

(In Dragonflight, BoJ needs the TV animation, and TV needs the Final Verdict animation. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I mentioned this in one of the discussions here, but the BoJ animation should 100% go to the Clawing Shadows talent for Unholy, which is a ranged attack that replaces Scourge Strike. Change the model to a rune weapon and make it more shadowy. Perfect fit!

100% agree with this, which is why I also miss Judgment falling from the sky. Right now Judgment and HoW are so similar that we might as well just unify the abilities.

FTFY :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone remember the original sound effect for Beacon of Light? I was sad when they changed it, something about it felt right. I do like the new spell effect for it though!

1 Like

I use that one right now. Is there something about it that was removed?

1 Like