Bring back bubble discipline

Blizzard please, the new talent tree for discipline must include the WoD iteration of Divine Aegis and Atonement. This dealing damage to heal schtick is so old and only worked with Light’s Wrath.

35 Likes

No. /10chars

1 Like

Bwa ha ha ha ha! That is worth a laugh!

1 Like

Remember back in Cata when Disc priests had the passive Divine Aegis, where Crits=Shields. It was fun to see all the bubbles. Devs didnt know how to balance that mess to so by the end of the expansion we could solo heal lots of Heroic raid bosses :3

9 Likes

Why must it? it was boring. Easy mode spamming pws absorb play. Getting on my limb here, i would say most people who play at a decent level will tell you that SS is not engaging gameplay and are happy evang is back.

It also would not be good for keys. DA would be too minor to do much at all in keys to stop much and if it WAS good enough in keys then disc would be meta because stopped damage is better then healing damage and there would be an uproar.

Mind games is this xpacs answer to lights wrath. I agree lights wrath was fun, and heating it up and one shotting players in pvp was immensly enjoyable (i rememebr you multboxer Farmerknight)

and this

Yes we could and did.

2 Likes

Blizzard please don’t.

2 Likes

Old School Divine Aegis and Atonement were way more fun than the current iteration because you didnt have to wait for a CD (Radiance) or the GCD (when applying bubbles to apply Atonement) in order to start healing. Don’t be disingenuous and tell me that PWS is an effective heal in +15 keys - it only serves the purpose of applying Atonement instantly. Terrible design. Waste a GCD so you can actually start healing - oh but you need to do it for all party members who are about to take incoming damage. Btw your heals are only a small percentage of your damage. Not fun, doesn’t sound like a powerful healer. Sounds like a missed opportunity to make discipline great. Sounds like they alienated so many discipline priests during Legion pre-patch and most never came back.

Terrible iteration.

Also, it’s sad to see that many discipline priests like yourself have turned into masochists with the Legion-to-present iteration of the spec. “Oh Please let me play a spec that is anemic compared to Holy Paladins because I want a challenge instead of feeling powerful. PLEASE DADDY BLIZZARD :sob:

#Sad

22 Likes

If you don’t understand why bubble Disc was impossible to balance…

2 Likes

It is possible to balance, it’s called math.

9 Likes

I reiterate my initial statement, with you having just proved my point.

1 Like

I reiterate my response, with you proving my point. Stay ignorant.

2 Likes

…sigh…

You do realize the problem with the absorb-heavy model is that in raids, absorbs are simply better than heals, right? That by increasing the effective HP of the raid, and preventing damage from occurring in the first place, they keep overall health levels higher, increasing stability and reducing the chance of raid members dying in a way that reactive heals can’t, yes? So an absorb-based healer with equal throughput to other healers is- by design- necessarily better than other healers in the raid.

This is why it’s not simply a math problem. How much “better” than reactive heals are absorbs? And assuming you lower the throughput of an absorb healer to account for the superiority of absorbs, what does that do outside of raids? With lower overall throughput, said absorb healer would likely struggle when compared to other healers in 5-man content when they are the only healer.

3 Likes

And?

Sounds like you just want to have weak disc priests. All I hear is, “we can’t make disc priests powerful, what will holy paladins be in comparison?”

8 Likes

Honestly, Mists of Pandaria and WOD were peak disc, it’s just absorbtion got out of hand, being able to completely negate raid-wide damage (which is still kind of an issue today…) I like the attonment mechanic, but it is super annoying (and unsatisfying) to micromanage in its post-Legion form. I’d rather attonement go back to being a side feature of disc, rather than something the entire spec is built around. I agree that we should bring back more of a focus on bubbles but without going overboard.

I’d say, bring back some of Disc’s core direct healing toolkit (i.e. Prayer of Mending/Prayer of Healing), and have it focus more on single-target direct healing and absorbtion, rather than raid damage negation. I.E. Bring back Divine Aeigis, make PW:S stronger/less spammable, and get rid of Spirit Shell.

12 Likes

Or you could engage with the argument instead of projecting your own frustrations on me… I play all healers; I don’t have a dog in the fight, man. I was just pointing out why balancing absorbs isn’t just a math problem. Is your stance that Disc should just simply be unquestionably the best in raids? Or unquestionably the worst in dungeons?

It is math, the entire interaction within the game is math.

1 Like

Of course there’s math, but you have to answer design/philosophy questions before you use math to best balance the game around those answers. How would YOU account for the fact that absorbs are simply superior to heals?

1 Like

There’s a few options:
make all or certain absorbs only absorb physical or magic - not both
greatly increase PWS but put it on a CD - 6 sec or so
have atonement work to provide a shield instead, cap it at 35% of the dmg done, but let it’s mechanic work like pre-Legion

Atonement (pre-Legion):
Previous: When you deal damage with Smite, Holy Fire, Penance, Power Word: Solace, or their multistrikes, you instantly heal a nearby injured friendly target for 100% of the damage dealt. If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced by 50%.

There are only a few dials that need tuned.

Masochism isnt all that great outside of pvp though. Not sure there are that many of us using it.

1 Like

So what im getting there is you want easy.

No one has said that… ever. Im on record saying its an atonement applicator. Your just making stuff up now

What im getting there is you want to be op.

And what im getting there is that anyone disagrees with your way are to be insulted.

So you want an easy op spec and anyone that diagrees and actually likes current disc is to be insulted. goitcha

Well with wrath coming back out my friend pws, PoH are all back. Go nuts and enjoy

1 Like