Bring Back Blacklists

Considering blacklisting the two 40 mans drastically lowered Alliance queue times in wod, it’s a safe bet blacklisting has an effect.

Good point, it seems blacklisting actually lowers queue times.

1 Like

And increases for the BGs blacklisted. As well as throws off any healer/premade matchmaking they have going on.

Oh no not the premade queue times…

1 Like

I mean yea, they could just throw everyone in the mix and have it first come first serve.

Yes, it would.

Without blacklists, the system can start a bg when 20 players queue up.

With blacklists, the system might not be able to a find a bg that the first 20 players are all ok with. When that happens, it has to wait for additional players to queue up.

(I’m keeping it simple in this example.)

If a bunch of people are blacklisting the same bg, other players who haven’t blacklisted that bg will be placed into those games.

Why wouldn’t you believe them?

With blacklists, the system requires more players to queue up to fill the same number of games.

black list absolutely NEEDS to come back, these 15 minute deserter debuffs are stupid… put ALL bgs back into one q and let us choose what to play and what not to play, im sure there would be only a few per person…

1 Like

Did you actually suggest mixing epics in with the smaller BG’s again?

:rofl:

We spent 5 years asking for Blizzard to separate them, how could you believe this is a good suggestion?

7 Likes

Stop pvssying out of BGs then, stupid.

You can blacklist every map by queuing specifically for what you do want to play. It’s almost like they let you choose. :astonished:

2 Likes

:cat:meow.

Blacklisting data also highlights unpopular decisions made by the dev team and God knows, we can’t have that … :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah, true.

They removed SoTA because it was so popular.

1 Like

Bring the option back plz.

2 Likes

Then I lose out on random bonus…NO.

You mean 65 conquest that has a half dozen other ways to acquire?

Since people keep bringing up the dumb specific suggestion make it reward Mark’s azerite and some conquest too if not then bring back blacklist

3 Likes

There are plenty of people still playing this game though. 20 people queing up isn’t the issue. The main thing by faaaar holding back is the ratio between factions.

Like I said it might increase. By what? 30s or a minute? Que times right now are the same as anything wod was. Personally 30s to a minute longer to have one black list option per category would be worth it to me. Player choice is good. Bring back sota as player options are also good.

But those games are the same as any other game though? You’re winning the same amount. Also guess what? If you lose a lot you’re not going to like it and black list it (again no the case because the win rate is close to 50% :roll_eyes:). I loved sota, never had it blacklisted and I didn’t get it half as much as I wanted it. I don’t think this is a thing.

Oh I believe they believe what they say. How do they know though? They never did a test run where they turned off blacklist during WOD. They also never said how long it increases the wait time. Again 30s to a minute for me is worth it if I get more choice and more options.

Lastly they’ve shown to me that they do their internal data and hypothesis weird. For example I’m sure they think m+ is a huge success. Don’t get me wrong it’s decent. I wouldn’t be doing it for a second if it wasn’t for the insanely easy and better rewards it gives. I’m sure they look at all the data of pvpers doing m+ and say job well done on m+, but arenas aren’t as busy so why spend time there. Maybe people don’t do it because the rewards are garbage :roll_eyes: I just have no faith in how they look at their internal data is what my long winded rant is trying to say.

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t know how else to explain that it takes the system more time to form teams and match teams when it also has to account for everyone’s blacklist.

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I get that. I don’t know how else to tell you that they have no idea how long. When there is limiting factors to que times faction disparity is the main contributor by far.

It boils down to how much longer and is it worth it to you. We have zero idea. Zero. Like I said que times now are as long as anything during WOD was. Which again leads me to believe that black list did barely anything to que times.

To me player choice and options is more important than an extra 30s on my que time.

1 Like