Brian, thank you!

Thank you for the tweet! Well said and articulated. Now everyone can settle down about the “communication”. Blizzard is working hard and they’ve given us this gem of a game. I for one am grateful for all their hard work, and i totally sympathize with their concerns on server caps.

Just want to say thanks for being awesome and thanks for wotlk classic!

5 Likes

Not gonna clap for Blizzard, they should have made a statement LAST WEEK. Why the silence for so long?

27 Likes

Labor Day weekend holiday.

Sheepish response imo, this has been a problem since launch and they have done very little to correct it. I do though appreciate their effort to remedy, I just think it should have been done when they saw it coming, rather than knee jerk reaction.

6 Likes

I understand not making a statement on labour day, or even labour day weekend, we’re now on week 2. It should have been done last week, and there’s ZERO excuse for their silence.

With populations as they have been for a while and the expected hype for a return to Northrend, wait times popping up should be zero surprise and expected.

1 Like

It’s not, but we are playing THEIR GAME. They should have said something a lot sooner.

2 Likes

Where is this tweet?

1 Like

Link please? I don’t tweet and wish they would cross post here in their forum.

The tweets were interesting but it’s annoying that so much of the communication goes through that absolutely terrible and bottom-of-the-barrel social media platform.

8 Likes

Community Reactions to Wrath Classic Queue Times - Wowhead News

Here’s something not on Twitter. I hate the platform and only made an account to try to see the Blizzard stuff because they think putting things on there before other places such is appropriate for some reason.

4 Likes

Big Mootwo fan and this is why.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

ROFL!!! OH PLEASE! A random tweet a week and a half late that has no information and we’re to be grateful? No. They are not working on this game for free. It carries a paid subscription. They just released an $80 bundle for a 14 year old game. That tweet was nothing more than too little too late damage control. This is also a problem of their own creation. Do not sit here and preach to us about needing to be grateful for such a pathetic display.

8 Likes

Wait, did they start actively using the forums to communicate with the community and I missed it somewhere?

Or is this the biweekly/monthly random tweet Brian gives out to try and calm down the number of people tagging him on that horrendous website?

3 Likes

Nothing supports the " Nurture and Protect Social Experiences" like being forced to abandon your community and move to a new server! Yes, excellent job Brian!

2 Likes

Two issues I have are prioritizing use of Twitter over their own forum and not anticipating the spike in demand. I am not optimistic but I will be watching for the “I’ll have more to say about it on the forums soon” post. With the situation not improving after the weak offer of limited free transfers I would recommend he start hammering that post out sooner than later.

Brian, haste please.

edit
Huh. Seems we got sooner.

3 Likes

I think they’ve been using twitter to communicate with the community for several years now.

Imagine if they had created their own website with a discussion board function, with a large character limit so they could go into detail on topics, with proper threading so that discussions could be followed and found easily, and admin privileges so that they could remove anyone who took things too far. As well as requiring a subscription to participate so that the number of trolls could be greatly reduced right off the start!

Wild concept, that. No way anyone could make it work.

5 Likes

Why not turn your ideas into money and apply for a job there?

A much, much more productive use of my time would be just about anything else. Including putting dedicated NEET trolls on ignore :slight_smile: