Brewmaster trinket help

So I’ve got a 236 blood splatter. It’s bubble is pretty significant still in M+. But i just got a 275 intrusive thoughtcage trinket today, and does anyone have any idea or input on which trinket would be best defensively?? Thanks

sim it

otherwise go off what you think

Isn’t simming strictly for DPS gain? I’m looking for max survivability, what sim would do that for me?

1 Like

Simming determines what’s the most efficient thing for you between two things. If you’re playing for survivability then you need to determine solely what the two do for you.

Otherwise you sim because the damage offer that one might give you can offset your survivability problems.

Blood Spattered Scale is my pick. It really puts in work in M+ and the few fights in raid when I actually need some extra help.

1 Like

Blood Scale is your best trink asorb on 2min cd almost too good to pass up. If your good with other item slots drop your valor into it to bring up the level.

1 Like

simming is only for dps it will not tell you whats better survive. strickly tells you what does more dps

1 Like

the scale is really good. also the codex from streets is really good. other then that i see some people run secret technique also from gambit. and i see quit a few of the higher end monks running cache of aquired treasures for dps even some people running trinkets from last raid tier

1 Like

id say from dungeons i would target the bloodscale the codex and the secret technique from dos and then both of the tazavesh dungeons

1 Like

Even an LFR Pocket Protoforge does way more healing over the course of a dungeon (via absorb, so not wasted / overheal) than a moderate ilvl blood spattered scale, if you’re really looking for something defensive. Scale can be used on demand though, which has some value in itself.

I’d put Bloodspattered scale over intrusive thoughtcage though.

Scale is a 2 minute cd, thoughtcage is 3min, and dodge from thoughtcage doesn’t mitigate magic damage, which is a bigger problem for brewmaster.

1 Like

Bloodscale is on-demand though which is really nice. But I haven’t tried the protoforge.

1 Like

honestly i think the codex from streets is better than the scale for brm atleast

1 Like

u already got a decent shield and if your running necro you got 2. i think the dr and reflexted damage wins

1 Like

Codex is great imo.

1 Like

honestly bro i would use that 275 trink out of ilvl alone till you get a better scale or codex

1 Like