Brewmaster question

Hey,

Can any experienced Brewmasters explain Bonedust Brew to me? I read the tooltip but it’s not really something you see in game like, Exploding Keg, for example.

For example, if I run over a healing sphere is there a 50% chance for the sphere to heal a second time at 40% effectiveness?

P.S. Or is Bonedust Brew mostly used for the reduced cooldown on your brews?

The easiest way to describe it is similar to Ele Shaman Mastery but short term and applied as a buff/debuff on allies/enemies in its radius that gives you a 50% chance to repeat the damage or healing at 40% effectiveness. So here is an example

You cast Bonedust Brew on your location, yourself, all enemies and all allies in melee with you get a temporary buff/debuff. Then you follow up with a Keg Smash; all of those enemies have a 50% chance of taking Keg Smash damage twice (once at full value for the Keg Smash itself and once from the Bonedust Brew at 40% of the original damage).

Then lets say your health has drops suddenly and you cast Expel Harm. There is a 50% chance that the healing will trigger again on yourself for 40% of the original Expel Harm. (As a side not this also works with the BrM Celestial Fortune passive where healing can trigger again for 80% of the original healing with a chance equal to your crit chance, which can cause some pretty big healing)

My recommendation is cast Bonedust Brew before a major damage ability like Exploding Keg or Weapons of Order because it could cause some serious damage. Or alternatively just before you know some big damage is coming your way so you can trigger it to get your health back up quickly with your self-healing.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! Does it work on the healing orbs? Those seem to be the biggest amount of my healing.