Brewmaster Monk PvP help

I know Brewmasters aren’t the best tanks for RBGs right now, but I have a monk, i didn’t enjoy MW, and I didn’t enjoy WW, so I went BrM and it’s been a blast (kind of). I started doing RBGs but i just die in a heart beat. part of it is my gear is bad. I’m getting my renown up to 22 so I can get 197 gear, but what are you all doing (if anyone pvp’s as a BrM) to stay alive while FC’ing or guarding bases? Are you pop’ing CD’s early to give healers a chance, or is this just a true gear thing?

I believe we have the lowest HP of all the tanks. Gotta get the gear first and then drink those brews!

Get as much versatility as you can.

We were kinda screwed by the 60% damage taken penalty that all tanks across the board take. This was meant to help bring prot paladins in line, but it doesn’t work with brewmaster’s low HP and stagger.

So, our OP friend got nerfed, didn’t feel it, and now we suffer for it. :confused:

You cant flag carry as a brewmaster as effectively as a guardian druid or a demon hunter would because you’ll die quicker. You can’t sit base as a brewmaster nor are you that great at spinning flag compared to other tanks that are available. If you’re a strictly brewmaster player only be prepared for this fact and know your ability as a CLASS not as a player will very likely lose you games. If you’re not then switch over to wind walker monks, theyre in a great spot right now.

Brew pvp is a causal lolz thing only. Sure you can kick a person off that map but in rated bgs the walls on rated maps stop them from falling off, so your one good move is actually worthless in rated.

In the end its your $15/month so if you can find a team to take you then go for it. But most teams will say their collective $135/month means they are taking a meta pvp tank and not a gimped brew.

luckily its just an alt. I will gear it as I can but i can wait until/if it’s tuned

1 Like

gotta stack Vers>crit>mastery

keep shuffle up at all times

purify early so you can have big shield more often.

use your port to your advantage

with dave, shuffle, fort, you should be able to have close to 90%+ stagger.

sitting bases is great as brew, you should never lose them.

FCing is good also but your healers and team have to back you up and peel more than other tanks.

sitting in team fights you should be close to top damage.

its probably the gear. if youre below 200.

2 Likes

That’s awesome advice thanks! I’m sure i’ll have questions as I go, but i’m sure the gear makes a difference (but i’m also pretty unskilled on my main, so my alt is probably much worse).

1 Like

practice makes perfect

1 Like