Brewmaster Mage Tower

I haven’t seen many posts for fellow brewmaster’s experiences. Please tell me how it’s been going for you. I’ve been struggling on getting enough damage in P2 and I can’t get him down. Got any tips n’ tricks?

I did Blood and Brewmaster so far and they’re pretty different. I agree that the hard part for Brewmaster is damage in p2, which was weird because the hard part for Blood was p1. There were a bunch of things that I did for Brew to make it easier though (without doing any lame cheese stuff with gear).

• Pick Black Ox Statue so you don’t have to worry about velen getting wrecked. Plop the statue on him and that’ll give you some flexibility around when you get the adds. It also means you take a lot less damage since you can kill them without them hitting you as much.
  • Try exploding keg. I really like this ability because you can delete entire waves of adds. Its comparable overall to RJW but much higher burst and you can use it on every other add wave.
  • Track the orbs in p1 to make sure you go into p2 with 3. I used the orbs to prolong annihilates a lot, as well as heal obviously.
  • Delay the first annihilate with para/clash/stun. You’ll have them back up by the third annihilate. I had to delay him a lot to kill him.
  • I liked chi burst a lot but it got me killed a few times because of the cast time.
  • Drop transcendence by an orb (that won’t dissapear soon) so you know you’ll be able to get an orb when you need it.
  • Save purify for after you get annihilated, don’t tunnel and spam purify by mistake.
  • Save touch of death for dropping stagger after an annihilate, don’t just send it the moment its up.

I had 4 annihilates IIRC. You don’t have to do anything for the first 2, just live generally. Then its a matter of delaying his annihilates enough for you to be able to kill him. I used ToD after the fourth one to drop stagger.

I made a video guide of all of this too, comparing it with Blood in the hope that it would help someone. I think Blood was a lot harder but I was surprised by how hard p2 was on Brew for damage.

While I have no intention of touching MT again until it gets a solid sledgehammer in the face, I do have a question for you on this. Every time I do a “hard interrupt” on Kruul’s Annihilate, he just immediately casts it again. Are you getting him to just stop casting it entirely until his next cooldown or were you just delaying the cast as much as possible?

Oh yeah you can’t actually really interrupt, all you can do is delay it. But you can delay it by a good amount so that you end up with a dozen extra seconds or so by the end, and that can make a big difference. I actually killed him at literally 1hp thanks to kiting with high stagger.

Definitely save real interrupt for his spell cast that heals him.

1 Like

Gotcha. And that was pretty crazy. Love those 1 hp survivals!

well I tried the MT as brew this week as part of the timewalking and I hope I never try it again.
I think I probably did around 40 tries and could only saw phase 2 once.
the first boss has around 156k health while you have 16k. Phase 1 takes around 10mins due a stupid debuf mechanic that prevents you to do damage to the boss.
Theres some flying eyes around that should only knock you back if youre not facing them when they finish the cast but its so unreliable that most of the times youre gonna be knock back unless you stop in front of the mob the exact moment it finish the cast.
I think MT its poor quality game atm, blizzard should get their quality control over this and check if they can beat the challenge bc atm its almost impossible for normal people

It’s supposed to be a brutal challenge. Not everyone is going to complete it, and that’s fine. I completed all 36 challenges back in Legion because I was willing to slam my head against the wall until I broke through. Prot Warr in particular took me 150 attempts.

For the record, the WW challenge is Monk’s easiest challenge. If you’re going for mog/Spelltome, maybe do that one.

Mage tower back in the day were easier because you could just beat it end of the expac. It was never a good idea to bring it back. Waste of resources

I think blizzard didnt put enough resources on testing it on every spec to make sure its viable.
I agree its supposed to be hard but the fight takes more than 15mins, during that time you have to play nothing less than perfect, the adds have priority bc they kill you in seconds and the others knock you off the platform if you dont kill them. DPS on boss will be low and the boss have a ridiculous amount of health and never stops spawning more adds so it takes a perfect run to kill it. At same time I killed it on a fresh 70 druid on first try, dont even had issues I just keep spamming moon fire and done.
Its so imbalanced it makes me think blizzard just released it and never looked at it.
Its a waste of time for BM monks