Brewfest is Back On in Burning Crusade Classic

All of this confusion would’ve been avoided with some simple announcements before an event starts with the start/end dates and durations. You guys tell us to go to wowhead for information (people got told this when submitting bug tickets for Terokk) and then act surprised when wowhead is wrong.

I mean, thanks for adding it back in, but Communicate, as the Community lead. Would take you probably 2 minutes to draft something out, maybe 5 minutes if you want to double check with the devs

7 Likes

October 5th is still earlier than advertised, not to mention the days lost due to quests not working. Why are people handing out praise? LOL.

16 Likes

I mean Wowhead got the engi goggle date wrong, why not this, too? Truth be told I went into Brewfest expecting 2 weeks only, and planned for that. Should they have given some slack due to bugged quest? Yes. Should they have communicated the end date more clearly? Absolutely. It is frustrating to know that many people are just barely short due to misinformation. But at some point it becomes fool me once, fool me twice.

1 Like

Hi, can we please get confirmation of what time it will end on Oceanic servers?
Seeing as today is already the 5th here. Will it end at midnight tonight, or tomorrow (6th for us?)

Are we going to get back the lost time from when the event ended last night at midnight? Wasn’t able to do any dailies or the barrel turn in for over 12+ hours, so lost out on a day. Not to mention the bugged bark quest for Horde on initial launch.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update and for allowing it to continue to the sixth. I think there’s definitely still a good case for a longer extension given the issues, but this is better than the Twitter response I saw earlier.

1 Like

yeah, i agree with most of the sentiment here. on one hand, thanks for adding it back since it will help the majority of the people who were a single day or two away. on the other hand however, between the bugs at the start of the event for the horde, the overall lack of transparency, and the feeling that this is an after the fact bandaid solution as opposed to a sorry with a smidge of compensation, makes the overall experience a bit disheartening. im sure there are still people who were negatively impacted by this, and i cant help but feel that its another layer off the onion of the player base.

5 Likes

Considering the difficulty in predicting which vanilla, TBC, or retail features will or will not make it into the TBC events, will you plan to post accurate timelines for any future holiday events?

2 Likes

This is hilarious. Horde dailies were bugged for two days which ruined the immersion into the event and cost us 30 tokens. You couldn’t be bothered to just adjust the 2007 version of Brewfest to exclude the copyright issues, but you still put the 2008 version on it’s timer? Is there still a TBCC team or are other teams just phoning it in at this point to cover? Every time you make a public statement it comes off like an employee at a hardware store saying they don’t work in this department.

4 Likes

please do not simp

1 Like

Did you even read the post? It ends tomorrow the fifth, not the sixth.

A day late, A dollar short…

4 Likes

Total Bull! The barking quest didn’t work for two days and now you end it a day earlier than reported on Wowhead. This is total crap. You want your subscribers to use wowhead as a resource, and then you allow them to put out inaccurate information. You all up in there too busy covering your own 4th points of contact to take care of your customers. You suck Blizz!

3 Likes

What’s ‘cute’ about this blue post is that they are playing it off as a gift to the community when in reality, they explicitly stated the event would last until October 6th and either didn’t check or hoped nobody would care when it ended early.
Classic Blizzard move to screw up and try to play off fixing the screw up as going out of their way to give back to the community and elicit undeserved praise.

5 Likes

The people that made blizzard great are long gone. They survive right now entirely off nostalgia, and customer loyalty combined with minimal competition on the market.

They refuse to communicate with the playerbase, and consistently release bugged content. Eventually that customer loyalty and nostalgia runs out :thinking:

2 Likes

Yep, the saddest part is that the PR department didn’t even allow a “We’re sorry for the confusion” in that post

They do their best to let people know how little they care and yet the customers are still here.

Considering people are in this thread thanking them for the ‘additional’ event time despite them going out of their way to not acknowledge that they themselves stated the event would last until the 6th, I think that loyalty isn’t running out in our lifetime.

3 Likes

Screw the horde players for 4 days. gives back one more day…

you want a cookie or something?

How about you give at least 3 days so people can reach the amount they need without having to rely on luck that your servers dont lag out like they do.

1 Like

It never ceases to amaze me how salty people get over a mount lol

Vashj bugs and exploits? Its fine dont worry about it.

Lose one day on a seasonal mount farm? players erect gallows outside of blizz HQ

edit: If you are upset with the current situation of brewfest and blizz’s actions thats fine, please don’t take this comment as an insult directed at you. I wish you all the luck in aquiring your ram, kodo, or whatever brewfest item you were after. Good luck.