Brewfest Chowdown Is Completely Broken

The Brewfest Chowdown activity is so full of bugs it’s impossible to win if you don’t get lucky. I tested this with a number of people who were also getting frustrated. The bugs we recorded are as follows-

Players will randomly start with one plate completed at times. We weren’t able to figure out a pattern to this.

Sausages fill up the bar random, inconsistent amounts. We believe the amount is supposed to grow as the bar gets fuller (we don’t know though) but even this is inconsistent, and will sometimes go from 80% to 90% and from 20% to 70%, with no real pattern.

Sausages sometimes don’t count towards your plate total, and in other cases appear to count as two. Again, we can not establish a pattern with this, it appears random to us.

Drinking lowers your bar by inconsistent, random amounts at times. Sometimes resetting your bar entirely from full, other times bringing it down about 5%.

Several people playing with me, on a couple occasions, did not get bars. The bar did not appear, and they had no idea what their fullness level was.

On one occasion, I was left with the bar after the event, and got no debuff preventing me from trying again immediately.

In conclusion, this activity is fun in concept, but has a tremendous number of bugs, making it closer to a competitive slot machine, than an actual game.

8 Likes

For the love of god, fix this. I hate losing repeatedly to people getting nothing but 2 sausage plates when I’m getting 3-5 on every plate.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is intended to be heavily random. It is a fun activity. Nothing spoils fun like overly serious gamers working out perfect strategies to win so that everybody else loses every time they play. If large components are random then someone playing suboptimally might eventually get lucky enough times to also get the tokens they want.

1 Like

So the answer is “RNG”?:thinking:

I don’t want to believe it, but knowing this game it does seem likely. :rage:

3 Likes

seems to be that way too. people said sometimes you get a plate with 1 or 2 sausages, other times you get 4, while everyone else gets 1 4-5 times in a row, allowing them to rack up points, while you’re struggling to down just one plate.

i gave up on trying, because you have to win 5 times, just to get the trophy…it’s not worth stressing over honestly.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it where sometimes players get a head start, too. I just saw someone get the opportunity to start eating sausages and complete multiple plates while everyone else was still in the “countdown to begin” phase of the event.

2 Likes

The chowdown contest isnt working in arie peak server

3 Likes
3 Likes

It’s been down for two days(since brewfest started). Some say it gets fixed then while ppl are playing someone gets up too soon and it reBreaks it. Not sure if this will ever get fixed. This is a very common bug over the years. Hello? is anyone out there from Blizzard??? Hello!..

I got a Response today and they effectively told me they have no intent on fixing this issue. Oh well, and too bad for you?! This response is unacceptable…>>

I played once and now can no longer play. I have also played on alts and none can play again. I have looked everywhere to see if there is a special ticket you have to buy, but still nothing. Was fun while it lasted :cry:

you get an 3 min debuff everytime you play … just wait 3 minutes … not everything is a bug …

I didn’t receive that at the beginning of the event. I tried playing a couple hours after my first time and still nothing. We were all experiencing same issue on Fenris. I think they updated that a couple days later, or fixed it.

Since it has been fixed I have played a few times and there is no reward for participation after initial play. You would think you would at least get 2-10 event gold for initial play of the day.

Playing for a trophy I am not going to sweat over it. Does the trophy come with a permanent title? In the end just not worth it for me :woman_shrugging: