Brawl: Packed House

I don’t wanna put a damper on what people find fun but how is this brawl “fun”. It’s an arena so there is no objective but there are too many people for there to be a proper arena strat. So it’s basically just a run into the group and do damage until the other team dies.

This is the closest bg we have to a team deathmatch.

4 Likes

What about Tarren Mill vs Southshore?

Yeah, but it feels more like a “real” battle. There’s no respawning. You’re not worried about a flag or a cart or an orb. It’s a brawl. An actual brawl.

You don’t just stand there and pew pew. It’s a bit more complicated than that. There are quick decisions you need to make throughout the fight.

Positioning is really important. Pushing into the other team might scatter them apart, or maybe you just made a horrible mistake.

If you mind your surroundings, you can throw out snares, roots, CCs, and interrupts to save your teammates or help them secure kills.

You can also try to top the charts. Some players like doing big dam.

1 Like

You can respawn in SS v TM.
By deathmatch, he means to fight until one side falls.

2 Likes

I hate it mainly because of all the lag now i’m getting in bgs. But then again, I’m getting those in all bgs.

As fights I generally prefer 6v6 (hope that becomes a thing) and 3v3 anyway.

That’s why I don’t do it. Bad rewards, long queue. No thanks.

That’s what I’ve been doing every time and winning.

I guess I should have included an exception clause for warlocks.

Have you been topping the charts?

I’m kinda curious what sort of numbers a geared PvPer gets in this brawl.

This is interesting. Yeah, I’ve noticed the horde teams start down a few players. Kinda weird, but maybe people go AFK since the queue is longer.

Hmm, that’s kinda weird. You’re not in Australia, are you? My computer is kinda crap, but I don’t have too much lag in even eBGs, with the possible exception of IoC hangar fights. Oh, I do feel the major lag in Battle for Nazjatar, thanks to blizz.

I’m not, but I’m not in the US either. Thing is, it’s never been like this, so it’s not a region issue.

I posted here trying to find out:

One theory is the background info from corruptions / essences.

We really need to push for this to be something I can queue for anytime we want. I had a blast. I like it. I just want arena rules out and let professions and oddball things work in it.

1 Like

I hope we do not see more azerite and corruption type things again. I dont mind the essences actually.

Yep. Add both.

Add a nostalgia bracket too.
IE

1. Random
  2. specific
  3. epic- SS vs TM, Tol Barad, Wintergrasp, Isle
  4. nost. Then add SOTA, Ashran, AV

it needs a role queue. cant have one team with 15 melee dps and the other a mix of ranged, melee and healers

1 Like

I’ve previously suggested the following “improved” LFG format to address all the complaining/whining/unpopularity by pugs regarding certain bg maps (Wintergrasp, Ashran, etc):

RANDOM EPIC BATTLEGROUNDS

• Alterac Valley
  • Southshore vs Tarren Mill
  • Isle of Conquest

Rewards… unchanged:

• 65 conquest points for the first win
  • 15 conquest points for each subsequent win

"RANDOM SIEGE BATTLEGROUNDS"
(or other appropriate name)

(bigger bg maps intended for longer matches)

• Wintergrasp
  • Ashran
  • Tol Borad? or other 40-man map?

Rewards:

• 100 conquest points for the first win?
  • 25 conquest points for each subsequent win?
1 Like

A[quote=“Warzug-mankrik, post:46, topic:473067, full:true”]
I’ve previously suggested the following “improved” LFG format to address all the complaining/whining/unpopularity by pugs regarding certain bg maps (Wintergrasp, Ashran, etc):

RANDOM EPIC BATTLEGROUNDS

• Alterac Valley
  • Southshore vs Tarren Mill
  • Isle of Conquest

Rewards… unchanged:

• 65 conquest points for the first win
  • 15 conquest points for each subsequent win

"RANDOM SIEGE BATTLEGROUNDS"

(bigger bg maps intended for longer matches)

• Wintergrasp
  • Ashran
  • Tol Borad?

Rewards:

• 100 conquest points for the first win?
  • 25 conquest points for each subsequent win?
    [/quote]

Actually I like that

1 Like

I like it too :smirk:

1 Like

Blizzard needs to add this to the BG queue list. When Im capped I like to queue sometimes for specific bgs. I would queue for this a lot.