Brad McQuaid dead 11-18-19

No details as to the cause just yet. The man created Everquest and paved the way for WoW and pretty much every MMO yet released. Love or hate his work, he was a visionary at the least. Can’t say I’m going to miss the man as I didn’t know him, but I hate that he’s not going to go on making worlds.

2 Likes

It is a sad day for the MMO community in general. As you said, he created Everquest which became one of the cornerstones in World of Warcrafts design.

Aradune was his character name. He loved his fans, and he loved the thought of adventure and exploration. He worked hard to provide rich and deep worlds in which to explore.

It is because of him that MMOs came out of the 2d with games like Ultima Online, into the 3d.

Farewell Aradune, May your quests continue on the other side of the viel .

1 Like

RIP Brad, sad day indeed :frowning:

I will always lift my cup to Aradune Mithara.

Rest in peace.

1 Like

Brad was my boss, and more importantly my friend. It is nice to see such an outpouring all over the internet in remembrance.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I remember that person. Starting playing EQ in the Beta, finally never logged in again when I got in the Beta for Wow.

It is kind of a vague memory, because back then you did not see all the hate posts calling out an individual developer if you did not like a particular thing. So you didn’t see lots of “Brad McQuaid” topics on the forums.

Wow, two years younger than me (51, too young.)

Makes me want to go into the Qeynos sewers. Remember “Aradune is Stinky”??

Thoughts and Prayers