Box of Many Things: Anima Plunderer Falls Short

This is just general feedback / my opinion / suggestions.

As this tooltip currently reads, it’s very easy to presume that an anima cell will drop for every 10 enemies you (or a party member) kills. Unlocking the next tiers in this talent adjusts the understanding that it only happens once at three different times - killing 10 enemies, killing 20 enemies, and killing 30 enemies respectively. For the entire run this means you / your party will only gain 3 extra anima cells for the entire run.

For 350 total Tower Knowledge and being so far down the talent tree, this talent is extremely underwhelming and disappointing. This could’ve been a game changer under the fun factor for Torghast but, instead, it’s just meh. For comparison purposes, the blessing that gives you an anima orb for completing a floor gives you more benefit than this talent.

Suggestions:

• Reword the tooltip so that it’s clearly understood that an anima cell will only drop once for the first 10, 20, and 30 mobs respectively.
  • If the plan is to keep this talent as underwhelming at it is, rearrange the talent tree and put it up top.
  • Fix the ability so that it does what it is presumed to do - drop an anima orb for every 10 mobs killed. You’d have to remove the Tier 2 / Tier 3 from it (which would be fine).
2 Likes

anima powers scale exponentially. 1 extra one has proven pretty powerful for my runs.

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it and was excited to try it out and enjoy swimming in glorious anima powers. But it didn’t.

I do think dropping every 10 would be kinda broken, but perhaps they could just guarantee it’s rare or higher to bump the power level. Getting an extra anima cell where the best choice is like 3% haste or healing orbs on attacking an elite mob makes it feel very lackluster. The disparity between powers often leaves anima powers to be feel bad moments.

It’s a very good power because 3 extra cells right at the beginning can REALLY cut down the time of the run.

It could be better worded, though.

Must be nice not being a ret paladin.

Exponentially lol.

Can’t speak for ret pally since i dont play it, but looking at some of the powers ret pallies get, you guys have a lot of % power increases just like every other class. If you’ve done twisting corridors before, you’ll know how powerful exponential growth can be.