Bounty Hunting Season!

I would love to see a bounty system in classic. But not like they did in retail. I would suggest it be harder. For instance, Shobek (surely you all know him, otherwise go youtube him) ganks people for content, so after a few too many kills, he becomes a bounty target. OR better yet, make it a player generated Bounty! player puts up gold on a wanted board in the city, you select the bounty like a quest and then if you kill the target, you get an item to hand back into the wanted board for your reward. However, the first person to return the item to the board gets the bounty to stop multiple kills stacking up to try and get multiple rewards.

Now, as for the person with the bounty on their head, they shouldn’t be marked on the map exactly. They could mark a zone to say last seen in this zone, and it only be active when the player is online. Or it could be a radius thing where you get a notification if the bounty is within a certain distance of you. Something like this but not an actual homeing beacon right to the player. Makes people go out to find, search, and destroy or “Discover” as they hunt down bounties.

Dont buff the player with the bounty or anything. Just let them be as is. Makes it like a real-life bounty hunt. And give a title achievement like “Bounty Hunter” if they reach x amount of bounty claims. Or “Most Wanted” or “Outlaw” for someone who becomes a bounty x amount of times or outlasts a bounty for x amount of time. Or kills x amount of bounty hunters.

So many cool options, in my opinion, to have new gameplay that relates to discovery as the season suggests cause this would have people searching high and low for bounties and discovering new places they may not yet have known or been to.

Just my thoughts what say you all?

1 Like

On 2019 grobbulus a guy paid me 50g for each screenshot I took with a guys corpse in a different position. It happens pretty regularly on RPPvP servers

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, there does appear to be some form of bounty system for hunting animals but I think it’s hunter specific for runes.

500g for the first person to bring me a roll!

Your roll sir

wow. As someone who loves rogue class fantasy that sounds like so much fun.

1 Like

I love that. I once had this arch nemesis, we use to gank eachother all the time. i remember once i logged in and this guy must have been waiting for god knows how long cause within 1 minute of logging in he comes charging into hammerfall and pom pyros me and %$#@ me up hahaha. was the best.

I love pvp and i recon this would be a good way to get world pvp going and encouraging exploring and becoming a bounty hunter master. maybe a reward system for x amount of bounties unlocks better tracking skills or gives access to cosmetic items and items like the flag of ownership etc. Or in true classic culture you gain fame and people know and fear you. I still remember the crazy shaman ghost who had hand of rag running round in bgs 1 shotting people. In vanilla you had a reputation on your server as people knew those that were great and those that were just toxic. I feel this is another way fame and fun can come together in wow with new game play.

For sure, most of my money in classic was made as a mercenary in pve and pvp. Pve I’d tank dungeons for cash, pvp I’d hang out in felwood until someone was mad about getting pushed off their Demonid Rune farm and put hits out on specific players.

That’s why RPPvP is my fav

1 Like

maybe this is a rogue only thing? maybe it could be linked into the assassins guild ravenholdt. maybe if you are a rogue then the assassins guild randomly sends you out to gank someone each day or week. or maybe thats where players put their bounties up. and then only rogues can be the assassins that go and become bounty hunters? so many options with a bounty hunter system imo.

lol i think people would be upset about only rogues being able to do pvp bounties. That said, I hope they do finish the Ravenholdt rep.

1 Like

agreed it would be upsetting. i just mean they have so many options to do more gameplay and to even make it class specific to give it flavour flare and emersion. its a suggestion that everyone would enjoy, those that enjoy ganking and those that get ganked and hate it can go post a bounty and laugh smuggly when they see the bounty claimed.