Bought War Within Epic Edition and Today the Collector's edition

So does this mean that the Epic Edition, which I purchased, does not have the physical box like the Dragonflight Epic Edition did?

What about those who hadn’t purchased, but have just now purchased the CE? Can I buy the epic edition now, and get it refunded once I receive the collector’s edition? I bought it not realizing that I’ll be waiting for mine to come in the mail, and likely won’t be receiving my benefits (early access/beta) unless I buy the game again.

1 Like

There’s the digital version, this doesn’t have any of the physical items.

The collector’s edition includes the epic digital key and the physical items, but you have to wait for it to be delivered to get the in game items.

3 Likes

Yes, the Collector’s Edition is on the gearstore and doesn’t block any purchases on the Shop for digital purchases.

If you purchase a digital version now once you receive the physical Collector’s Edition you’ll be able to receive a credit when you put in the code on that same WoW license.

7 Likes

Consuming the key on an already upgraded account initiates an automatic refund in balance back to your account.

4 Likes

Okay, thank you.

1 Like

This is very reassuring, thank you. I was worried about how involved the process would be. That seems very simple, almost too good to be true!

1 Like

I don’t recall the Epic Edition having a physical box, did you buy that from store somewhere? I was under the impression that even the shops sold codes now, except for the Collector’s Edition.

3 Likes

While I possibly still have your attention, do you have any idea when the CE boxes usually come in? I’ve heard stories of people receiving them a week or two before expac launches, wondering if there’s any truth to them

The CE will ship right about the same time as the new expansion officially launches.

2 Likes

I do not, sorry. I believe they do try to have them delivered as close to the launch day as possible, and it may move up since there is an early access aspect, but I don’t have any official information on it.

4 Likes

Alright thank you so much for your time… Good luck out there today =)

2 Likes

I just checked my email history. It was Dragonflight Epic Edition - Collectors set. Not just Epic Edition. Minor confusion

1 Like

Can you please explain in a bit more detail? I pre-purchased the Epic version 3 months ago. If I purchase the CE now then I later enter the key from that, I will automatically get a credit for the full price of the Epic version? Or is it a partial refund?

It is a full balance credit of the original transaction, yes.

If you purchased the Epic edition outright, that’s what you’ll get back. If you purchased the base version and then later upgraded to the Epic, you’ll only get the base purchase credited.

It hasn’t been officially announced yet but it has worked like that for the past few expansions.

2 Likes

The following quote from our Support Article is referring to those that purchase the digital version of Dragonflight and then obtained the Collector’s Edition, but it is unlikely to change for the War Within. I underlined the specific phrasing indicating the purchase price, not a partial credit.

If you buy Dragonflight (Base, Heroic, or Epic) on the Battle.net Shop and then redeem a Collector’s Edition code, we will automatically refund you the cost of your digital purchase in Battle.net Balance, as long as you redeem the Collector’s Edition code before December 31, 2023.

The article will likely be updated at some point about the new expansion, or another one created specific to The War Within.

7 Likes

What about if I upgrade from the Base Edition to the Epic edition then add the Collectors Edition key later? The support articles from previous expansions seem to say that you would only refund me the Base Edition price and thus lose out on the difference $ between the two versions. Is this still the case for The War Within? Is it possible to refund the base edition now and re-buy the Epic edition to circumvent that limitation if so?

As far as I am aware, when you add the Collector’s Edition key it will provide balance for the first purchase you made, so if you purchased the base edition and later upgraded to Heroic or Epic, the automated option will only give you the value of that first purchase.

I believe our staff can help in those cases, so if that happens you’d want to submit a ticket under purchases (assuming that they haven’t figured out a way by then to automatically provide full credit when multiple purchases were made).

7 Likes

So I bought the CE, Do I have to wait to get the level boost and the game time etc…, Will there be codes in the box or is it sent via email?

If you ordered the physical CE, the bonuses are tied to the key which will be found within the box.

Blizzard has been reliable about shipping the physical copies of their game on time, but keep in mind they have no control once they’ve been released to the couriers.

1 Like