Botting has killed PvP

When there isn’t much else to do I used to love BGs. This is destroying the game for me. Starting to wonder things like if it even worth playing at this point.

7 Likes

we killed 120K bots!

cool. can we see what the big number “X” (the sum of all reasonable active logged in classic users) the 120K was taken from?

being nice since its friday (where I live anyway)…they have 2 million classic focused subs. blizzard won’t tell us you see.

Minus 120k is…1,880,000. WCL, ironforge, etc…are not reporting anywhere near that.

if 1 million…880K. That is still no where near unofficial log reporting.

Inb4 they are’t solid numbers from someone. I know. its all we have to go off of. why some want to see that big ole “X” from blizzard lol. it help show how great that 120k was. or not so great, lol.

2 Likes

The only thing easier than actually banning the 120,000 super obvious DK bots…

Is saying you banned them, doing nothing, and hoping people are too stupid to notice.

Getting harder and harder to justify giving this company money every month when it’s clear they do not care.

3 Likes

Blizzard continues to show absolute contempt for its paying customers so I wouldn’t expect much.

3 Likes

I’d say its the bots being complex. its not.

MMO’s have bots, yes. sad fact of mmo life. But some games bots get hard to detect at least lol.

Like eve bots. they do what real players do. In eve one does not pvp in pve ships. that is a loss mail. You will go BOOM!. see hostiles inbound…run away and hide.

so its very reasonable for them to warp and hide. jsut like a real player would. Some of eves better scripted bots I only knew were bots were from unplanned cluster reboots.

Server rebooted…they did not log in for 4 hours till thier owner woke up basically. the owner missed the surprise reboot. they are on around eve’s daily 10 minute server reboot to turn the farm on.

some bots…even get good at attacking. they fight for that spot. and will kill unwary noobs. some people need to learn never warp to 0 the hard way.

It’s easy they start a new account and it has a level 70 boost on it.
The bot running around the clock can have that to 80 in a couple days, unlike us humans, bots aren’t stopping to take restroom breaks get something out of the fridge, stop and read a quest, take a minute to look around and enjoy the landscape… they’re going non-stop uninterrupted…

2 Likes

I just cancelled my subscription. I can’t even play a battleground without having 7 bots on my team.

6 Likes

Bots were noticeably down after the 120k ban but now, at least in my experience, it’s worse than before. Minimum 30% of the team will be bots and max 50%. bgs are dead and on my server sulfuras they gave free transfers off the server for ally so now world pvp is dead too. Bliz clearly doesn’t care for 2 reasons: 1) bots pay subscription and 2) a very small percentage of the player base actually pvp. Therefore this problem will not be taken seriously.

5 Likes

my record is 11 bots in EOTS

2 Likes

Sure they banned these bots but clearly Blizzard’s antihack system is terrible if there are these many bots that I assume are using multiple different botting programs.
If they can’t detect a single 1 of these programs and do a mass ban right away on people detected using said program then idk what else to say, it shouldn’t take a month for 1 bot account to get banned.

1 Like

Just did an Arathi Basin in the 70-79 bracket and of the 30 players in the battleground 25 of them were bots. Absolutely ridiculous and so frustrating. Makes me just want to quit pvp and that’s the only reason I play the game at all.

3 Likes

its failing, as I see it, as bots are doing what many players do lol.

its scripting rush to point. and stand there.

Players do this too. My AB set up since the CTA this weekend.

I leave last-ish to see how many rush past farm/stable.

As I predicted…they all did. I take and hold it. if no one comes for stable…I stand there. I don’t ghost cap.

On hunter I will throw out traps and flare. dk and paladin I put out the ground AOE’s. that is probably scriptable too. but , yeah, lots of standing around.

I had AB"s last night where I had like 1 special visitor. dropped them and back to waiting.

I really don’t like to complain about things…, but I just got out of a WSG where the enemy team was 9 DK bots out of 10.

1 warlock and 9 DK bots.

How does this even happen? The bot problem is even more out of control now than before the bot bans.

3 Likes

The ban wave has angered Skynet. Now it’s back with a vengeance, redoubling it’s efforts to eliminate humanity.

I have a screenie of 10/10 dk bots on the enemy team. Of course when I posted it a month or 2 ago every PVE blizzard shill (who hasn’t queued a BG in their lives) came out of the woodwork to argue it’s validity.

3 Likes

14/15 ally dk’s, 9/15 dks on horde

i ninjad stables and was in stealth by myself there, and 3 ally dk’s ran right by me ignoring the flag rofl

it’s never been this bad

5 Likes

it sure as hell did brother. Sad to see it.

1 Like

It’s funny the people defending blizzard by saying the wow team doesn’t have the resources. That is literally what we are complaining about. We are asking for blizzard to devote more resources out of the insane profits they make off the game towards providing a better product.

4 Likes

That is them…pretending to be players. scary, skynet is getting closer.

at this point in AB I leave last from start. way too many times I go okay…no one took stable. guess I am it.

always nice when most of the team assumes things. and I get it. watching stables sucks. I like seeing my big numbers too. its points though.

Yes it is spooky. The bots are mimicking the average Alliance players in AB perfectly. Soon we won’t know the difference.

1 Like

I’d normally defend Blizz on a lot of things.

But this is a total disaster.

The botting problem has actually gotten worse than it was before the bot bans. The bot makers must have made tons of new DK bots in the week window they had before Blizzard implemented the DK change.

So now there’s more bots than before because every bot maker panic made a ton of new bots to replace the banned ones.

3 Likes