Bots should not be banned or suspended

Their entire accounts however should be instantly and irrevocably transferred to a separate realm that houses only bots. Enjoy the extra cash flow blizzard, but stop allowing it to negatively affect the legit players.

Alternate punishment: continue the accounts, but bar them from classic realms. Retail however, have at it.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Interpretation: We plan to incorporate tokens.

If blizzard does not handle this, or they do so via tokens in classic, there will be a reckoning. Private servers will be more popular than ever. All of the resubs that came back for the vanilla experience? GONE.

2 Likes

Blizzard would make more banning them and forcing them to get new accounts.

1 Like

How do you figure? A month is $15 (or discounted sub cost) regardless of if it is a one month new sub or existing sub, or a resub.

Also, they would be buying an additional account anyway if they actually want to continue gold selling/farming on legit realms.

And then all the bots will just follow them to the private servers.

Where the admins actually cracked down on it (on the non crap PSs)

Yeah no. People have been saying this with every single thing they dislike about Classic.

“Blizzard do something about premades or PS will be more popular than ever!!!111”
“Blizzard do something about the layering exploits or PS will be more popular than ever!!!111”
“Blizzard do something about the queues or PS will be more popular than ever!!!111”
“Blizzard go back to old AV or PS with old AV will be more popular than ever!!!111”

People like to pretend.

3 Likes

Are you really going to equate those to tokens?

1 Like

Tokens were released in China months ago, a large portion of previous PS players were from China.

Did PS become “MORE POPULAR THAN EVER!!!111”

?

A banned account doesn’t get their 15 for that month back.

So if you’re replacing a banned account, you pay an additional 15 that month.

Can we stop with the old Blizzard has a financial motive to not fix it because clearly anywho says this has no idea what they are even talking about and is just ranting. The real problem is How do you ban all the bots long term? Short answer is you can’t. Sure you can ban them manually until you realize just how many bots there actaully are and just how easily botters can replace them. If by some merical, Blizzard found a solution to ban all the bots, what about the innocent players that are swept by accident with this ban wave? There is no solution so unless you have a fool proof idea, can we stop blaming thier inability to act on greed?

1 Like

They would not be getting the $15 back that they paid and are now stuck on a bot-only realm. Having the entire account on a bot only realm is a defacto ban, but without the whole “banned” part of it.

If they wanted to continue to gold farm for RMT, they would have to get a new account.

And now you are going to compare western players to players in china? Seriously dude? Were PSs big in china prior to classic?

They literally are collecting sub fees from bot accounts. What part of that is “just ranting”? It is a fact. They make money from those accounts. Full Stop.

Did you even read what the OP says?

Again, perhaps read the OP. Also, it is abundantly clear who the vast majority of bots are to anyone who is not being willfully ignorant of the situation.

Yes?

I knew exactly how you were going to move the goalpost before you even did it.

2 Likes

Dont know where you can tie those things together but whatever.

I knew you would continue to white knight the lack of enforcement.

Tokens would (partly) remove the financial motivation (of goldsellers), while driving legit players away from the game.

Battling bots is not easy, that anyone can admit. As for how to deal with it, tons of ideas float around with ways to hamper the bots. If what blizzard says is true, and the accounts are those that have been stolen, then perhaps those accounts got stolen because they clicked on a bad web page or like the blue posts says were the results of stolen credit cards.

how to deal with them, that’s the tricky part and its our job to make sure blizzard knows the problem is serious, and that they need to handle it, its why we pay to play on real blizzard realms rather than play for free on private realms that have their own long list of issues.

I knew you would resort to insults when proven wrong for the millionth time.

1 Like

Absolutely.

It is not an insult. It is an observation of all of your bot thread responses. You have been tirelessly carrying water for blizzard and the bots.

edit: nice, forum ignores can now be 6 months. Permanent would be better, but I’ll take what I can get.

I have been tirelessly posting facts to stop the spread of misinformation that is propagated by people with a clear disdain for everything this game has to offer.

Facts don’t matter to many people on this forum. I hope they do release tokens here so I can see your next hilarious excuse for why the community didn’t flee to PS like you said they would.

I agree, I wish the ignore function worked properly and would straight up remove your posts and responses from my view.

3 Likes