Bots, Bots and more Bots(Boomkins)

This reminds me of a bot I found in FF14 years ago. He was teleporting in a pattern, so I pulled aoe mobs to the spot that hit him so he couldn’t loot herbs.

Fun times.

I haven’t seen these bots in WoW yet, but could you pull a elite mob over to kill them?

Definitely report them when I see them, and get my courtesy mail saying thank you, yada yada. The payment thing though…I can see how that would be super frustrating for botters. I second that. Lol

1 Like

Doubtful since when you lose the Aggro on the Elite it go’s back to where it normally wanders.

Bots tainted the moonkin form for me so I got the starts glyph…i feel dirty being a boomkin now D:

2 Likes

I literally quit playing my druid because of them. Makes me feel bad playing it because people likely look down on druids now. Hence the DH. :joy: But yeah, it’s always druids.

I play thos toon as an alt but god I miss playing this toon whenever I enter the maw on a different class…its so convenient.

My horse gets lots of bots, you just need to take a bot comb to it.

maybe it’s because they ruin quest hubs making parts of the game impossible to complete.

pull it into their starfall spam.
if you body pull, and they attack it… they have more aggro than you.

Literally never seen that. Most bots I’ve run into are somewhere out of the way. I feel like that is just an excuse people use. Wow’s “WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!” if you will.

To be clear I don’t really care if bots get banned or not but lets not pretend that people want it to happen for “the good of the game”. It’s all about the profit margins.

True but that’s a weak way of giving up. Literally have a GM/server on at all times monitoring for things like this. They aren’t a snatch and grab. The Bots farm for hours/days/months.

1 Like

just because you’ve never seen that clearly means it doesn’t happen. by your logic since i’ve never seen someone be murdered obviously murder never happens. that’s just brilliant logic right there. the out of sight out of mind fallacy.

Druids have always been a reliable multibox spec…

just curious, but where are you getting this “profit margin” theory from?

when accounts are stolen for botting, it COSTS blizzard money.
when accounts are using stolen credit cards, it COSTS blizzard money.

where are they making a profit? :thinking:

I think it would be great if bots could somehow trigger an Outcast buff, meaning they are attackable by anyone of either faction.

1 Like

In game profit margins. The people angriest about the bots are the ones who can’t sell gathered mats for inflated prices on the AH.

1 Like

i’m pre-coffee, and that makes no sense to me right now.
shouldn’t that give them an opportunity to make even more gold?
…the good ol’ buy low sell high?

Not at all. I do most of my own gathering, and only have to hit the AH occasionally.

What about: they impact everybody’s game play in an area. Sometimes you can ignore them, sometimes you can’t.

Or:
ActiBlizz has to do something about bots otherwise - and in the long term - they will hurt the game.

Yep. I made sure to grief a set of 4 Druid bots the other night for literally about 45 minutes to an hour.

That doesn’t work when people can keep posting and undercutting you and have almost an infinite supply.