Bots are still out in full force

Well, ZG isn’t a 40-man raid, so they’re limited to 30 per day.

2 Likes

They’re just doing 30 a day then swapping over to another account doing another 30, etc. and so on.

So it hardly makes a dent in the problem though? Other than Blizzard earning more money from bots using more accounts than before.

1 Like

ZG is still included though…

1 Like

Incorrect.

They do 30 per day on ServerA, then simply swap to ServerB and do 30, etc. Same account.

The 30 per day did pretty much nothing to combat botting, in fact it likely resulted in MORE bots on servers since they have to spread out more. Instead, it punished real players.

1 Like

Only logical thing to do is delete all gold from the game and blizz start selling gold directly to players at dirt cheap prices. No token. No brokering RMT’ERS sales.
Boom. Problem solved. No more bots.
You’re welcome blizz. Send me a meager percentage. Not too much though. I don’t want to take food from Bobby.

How many of them have you reported?

1 Like

I Sat there for an hour right-click reporting each and every one of them as they zoned out and in again (zone out, 5 second wait, 180degree spin, run forwards 5 yards exactly, stop, wait 3 seconds exactly, then walk another 3 yards into the portal). on Repeat,

As I’m ally and they were 90% on horde side I tried killing as many of them as possible too.
They don’t react or fight back, other than their scripts automated triggering of ice-block when their hp gets to a certain %.

I’ve been right-click reporting them for days/weeks/months, and i know many others especially in my guild do the same whenever we’re there too but if anything there are MORE of them now than ever before, so it hardly does anything.

all it takes is a new account at $15 a month to sub to classic its not like they have to buy an expansion for $40 every time.

banning bots wont do anything because its just a sub for classic wow.

Insulting people and then deleting your post isn’t the masterplan you think it is.

1 Like

The truth isn’t an insult.

That’s a strange thing to say considering your constant disregard for the truth…

Take a step back and look at the bigger picture, these issues are more complex than your understanding of them.

1. Compromised accounts or not, Blizzard still receiving subscription money for those extra accounts being used by bots and not real players. Some will be reclaimed later sure, not before they’ve been used for a while though.

2. Stolen credit cards or not, Blizzard still receiving subscription money for those extra accounts. Some may reclaim credits back from their credit card companies sure, many will not though.

3. SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS boost their reports, make them look better, and lead to more investment, so… more money, potentially short-term, but since when have they cared about anything else.

You know nothing Jon,

1 Like

They have been consistent with their stance on bots and revenue forever.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/215367-dear-blizzard/

What subscription numbers? The subscription numbers they no longer report to investors?

lol

1 Like

Whether they report their sub numbers or any other metric they use; the metric is still inflated and the revenue is still there and I think that was the point he was trying to make.

1 Like

I’ll try linking this again in the hopes that some people do actually read it. Expand the post and read the entirety of it:

That’s a good read and probably true but I don’t think 100% of the bot account are stolen or using stolen credit cards either.

I agree. Either put the token in or make black lotus a proc like arcane crystals and significantly buff drop rates. Which would ultimately be the best fix because it would tank the value of the biggest money sinks and completely and would flatten server economies back out. Having a million gold in classic would be useless.

I think it speaks volumes of the AMOUNT of players participating in RMT. If RMT company’s have no problem spending the money on new account(s) after each ban or ban wave then clearly it’s not effecting their profit margins to be effective.

People need to stop buying gold. How to go about that? I have no idea. Just like people are going to spend hundreds…if not thousands on multi-boxing to get an edge people will purchase gold. Thus a never ending cycle.

I also believe if blizzard or actiblizz was ALL about money they would just release a token? This seems like it would be the most profitable avenue while simultaneously dealing with the illicit gold selling trade

They are all about the money and they allready did:

GM confirming it is legal:
X__I have just confirmed with A GM that trading Retail Gold for Classic is allowed - #63 by Perl-anetheron

X___https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728876914344853567/728876937967304724/uff2.png

Couple hundred Goldsellers in official forums, for months on end, no bans ever:
X__https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/de/wow/search?q=retail%20topic%3A69688