Borrowed Power has always existed. Why is it viewed so negatively now?

Enchants and gems were too minor a part of our throughput to count imo, even less so than major and prime glyphs, so I didn’t list them.

Nerfs to Covenants are not no. Soulbinds and Covenants are getting crushed. Don’t try to deflect unto Legendaries that is not what I’m talking about.

Neither of which were major changes to gameplay that we had to spend years grinding and had a never ending currency to grind to make them more powerful.

2 Likes

Because big-head talky boi said it on my RubeTube and I’m madder than a plucked hen bout it! I ain’t never borrowed no power before and I ain’t never gave it back if’in I did.

Sure Carl next door tried to claim my generator was plugged into his back porch after Katrina but I told him that was them FEMA criminals and I ain’t never plugged nothin int’a mans porch no way. I reckon these Blizz thieves bout the same.

No! I won’t take yer free commy trailer when you’ll just take it back and make me earn a house later. What kinda sense is that suppose ta make anyway.

It’s all a big scam ta steal yer identy. Sure you’ll have yer fun now, but they got you right where they want ya and you’ll just keep crawling back time in time out again.

1 Like

I dunno about other classes, but through the Tomb of Sargaras raid tier monks used to go back and farm nighthold just for the 2p set. It was THAT important for them. I’d consider that a major change in game-play that required grinding, especially since you needed multiple pieces to swap out as you got ToS gear.

You can nitpick the differences, but as far as I’m concerned, farming AP really isn’t that different to me than Farming Badges, or Honor/conquest or residuum, or raids, or really anything in this game.

1 Like

Legendaries are what they nerfed in the latest build. Where did you see that they “nerfed Covenants into irrelevance?”

So it wasn’t borrowed power. Because they could still use it after it wasn’t current anymore.

Thank you for proving OP wrong!

You need to read the whole patch notes. A lot of Class abilities and soulbinds also got tuning. Not to mention the change from 3 Potency conduit down to 2 on every soulbind.

1 Like

Not so much this character, he has only 1-2 pairs of everything, but my main, the Toon I tried to kept ‘caught up’, he has FOUR or more pair of everything, other than cloak and ‘yoke’.

I covered this already actually; I’m in favor of power that is relevant across raid tiers, like essences and artifacts are. It’s still borrowed for the expansion.

Funny enough, it still was borrowed power considering that it was nerfed at the end of the tier.

Still kind of a petty argument to make though.

1 Like

this topic is cringe and we should just #pulltheripcord already

I did read the whole patch notes. Classes got tuned in both directions; Feral druid got buffed for instance. And the soulbind change affected every class across the board. Neither of those are “nerfed into irrelevance.”

It actually still works today. Tuning occurs.

No, pointing out that tier is not Borrowed power is not a petty argument. It helps actually frame what people mean when they say Borrowed power is bad.

Tier good.

Borrowed power bad.

You’re deflecting off Covernant class abilities now. More goalpost moving.

Yes, it was a system wide nerf to make the system overall less impactful, just like I told you Blizzard is doing.

The lost of a potency conduit is a move towards that in a big way.

1 Like

If every class loses a potency conduit, how is any one class getting more nerfed than any others? This isn’t even something like nerfing Twilight Devastation, which affected tanks more than other specs, this is literally spreading peanut butter.

And that’s the purpose of the thread, I wanted to discuss in more detail why that is. Because if we can determine what aspects of tier set borrowed power made it more acceptable than azerite and corruption borrowed power, that can allow for better feedback for Blizzard than simply saying “BoRroWEd pOwER BaD!”

Op,I want to play the game not have to do a second job figuring out too many systems,I had enough doing that from 30 yrs.

because people follow whatever the newest popular thing to blame is, they dont even understand what they are complaining about most of the time but a streamer told them borrowed power bad so borrowed power bad

You’re making me repeat myself.

I’ll take “things I never said” for 500 alec. I said they’re nerfing the whole system. Which part of “whole system” did you not understand ?

Borrowed Power gets deleted by a maintenance patch. Like Corruption, this Tuesday.

Poof.

You might have a point if this were 2016 and this was new.

But no, this is now 4 years old and we’re still complaining and blaming it. Because it’s been a bad addition to 2 expansions in a row now, about to be 3.

You seem to misunderstand.
It was nerfed at the end of the ToS raid tier. Monks got tired of going back and farming Nighthold for BiS gear so it got nerfed before Antorus.

Not to mention this really doesn’t matter at all. It’s pretty much standard practice to drop tier gear for the newer shiny set every raid tier.

Grasping hold of minor difference makes for a petty argument.
You can claim “borrowed power” is bad as much as you want, but don’t pretend like tier gear and “Borrowed power” don’t share similarities.

1 Like

Yes, I know, you consider the T4 set and manual crowd pummeler in your bags to not be borrowed power because there is an icon you can look at. It might not be physically deleted like corruptions are but it’s still useless for relevant content.

Tuning occurs.

Yes, because that’s what is known as degenerate gameplay, like farming Mythic Azshara for Fonts of Power during Ny’alotha. New raids should provide gear upgrades to old raids.

Doesn’t make it borrowed power.

It’s not, it’s to tell Blizzard about what actual systems people are talking about. When people say Borrowed Power, they mean particular systems that are deleted by a maintenance patch. Like Corruption is about to be.

People love gear drops and set bonuses like Tier. Those are not Borrowed power, and they are not bad like Borrowed power, so do not include them in the Borrowed power discussion.

But it’s not deleted. It’s just gear gets old and replaced by new gear. It doesn’t just get deleted by a maintenance patch.

Like…

Corruption.

Tuesday.

2 Likes