Boosts and RDF

Dear Blizzard,
Navix here, everyone’s favorite Demon King.
Bring Boosts to Fresh servers & RDF to Classic.

I speak for many when I say that it isn’t okay for us to pay for the Northrend Upgrades only to find out that we cannot use the boosts on the server we mainly play on.
I assure you, reversing your decision will bring life back into the community.

Furthermore, I realize your intentions of bringing back the Joyous Journey buff was to make the leveling experience enjoyable for those who like questing and adventuring in dungeons with friends; although I assure you nobody is enjoying questing and nobody is doing dungeons with friends. The 1-70 experience, and arguably 1-80 experience has been nothing but a burnout slog. Doing the same quests over and over again incorporates a burnout feeling amongst the community and inevitably makes the world feel dead.

Going further, this negatively impacts the server health as a whole. Many of us on Maladath see people leaving the server for larger populations, the overall number of raiding guilds have dwindled, and I think many of the decisions made to preserve the “Classic vision” has only done a disservice to those who went for the fresh servers.

Do I think fresh servers are a failure? No. I think many will agree the initial 1-80 grind, prepatch raids, and many other moments were quite enjoyable for everyone; with that said, there NEEDS to be more action in helping these servers survive. Bringing back RDF will help the smaller servers and bringing boosts to fresh is an added benefit. If you feel that this is not a reflection of how the community feels, I personally invite you to our server discord where you can observe the morale of the community.

P.S. Thanks for the forums.

3 Likes

Here before the torches and pitchforks

Navix has a lot of valid points here. The server is slowly bleeding guilds because there isn’t enough of a player pool for single teams to compete. People are choosing to abandon characters they started at server launch and even wrath launch for their servers of old because it’s more established, more player pool, etc. Putting out the RDF will assist in keeping people on server, and allowing us to utilize the boost such as every other server has should stop the bleeding. The only other viable option for our server, and other low population servers to survive is to once again combine them into one such as you did in TBC.

Accurate. The original idea was fantastic, and I believe was a success. Now, it is time to evolve and modernize both the server and the overall WOTLK Classic experience by enabling server transfers and boosts onto Maladath, and also re-enabling RDF for the entirety of the player base.

I’m honestly surprised! I thought the purists would come out and get emotional. But I agree that the point of fresh is over. We’re on par with other servers now and for some reason people can transfer off but can’t transfer here. We’re bleeding out

Bump till we get Blizzard eyes on the post!

1 Like

Ungreyed out the boost but nothing else…

I’ve been telling my friends on this server the same thing, showing them the Ironforge graphs. The data from Skyfury tells the same story as well. Pugging during JJ was awful and most raids aren’t looking for a healer so it really felt like a single player game experience. I would have transferred off had it not been for my current guild, and if that doesn’t work out, well…it’s either leave or just quit Classic. I truly hope Blizzard opens transfers in soon.