Boosting the XP Gains Creates Another Problem

It’s boring as can be, but collecting 100 Dreamsurge will get you a weapon. You just go with the easy World Quests for 10 Dreamsurge (climbing, racing, taking pictures), then flying around collecting the orbs in the sky or the flowers.

The crafting was really a lost cause. The 70 weapons all require sparks, and it’s not worth making them when you’ll replace them so quickly.

I remember questing in TWW beta to see how it felt and dear lord I wasn’t expecting the heirlooms to be THAT behind…

See this is the stupid junk they always do…

For some stupid reason they think the weapon should take so many materials and/or annoying to get materials that by the time they are done “fattening” up the recipe, it’s not worth doing because they slipped on a banana peel and forgot about the “I will replace this in an hour or two” part.

EDIT:

So… as an update… I took my Monk out.

This monk was not logged on during DF at all, and her item level was a whopping 84 (she had BfA stuff on, I think she was one of the characters I levelled with pet battles/pet battle dailies during Shadowlands).

I went to the AH, and was fortunate enough to find a pair of 320 maces and 2-3 pieces of gear totalling 800g (I wanna say it was body/shoulder/chest).

Her item level was still only 177 and she only had 84k health. I was expecting a really terrible time of having to pop CDs and everything, but… no.

Not at all.

It seems like the game will use the Shadowlands method the first couple levels to give you time to grab some gear (my leatherworker made boots and bracers for 61), found a pair of gloves on a WQ and a couple trinkets, and a rare in Thaldrazus dropped a cape and now she’s a bit higher, 230ish IIRC. And since the only old pieces she has on are her rings and the HoA, her armor and other stats are still decent-ish.

So maybe this leveling stuff won’t be quite as bad, so long as you can fill the main armor pieces and weapons before you get 64-65.