Boosting in the World First Race

I’m pretty sure players can decide to take whoever they want to their raids.

If people want to trade gold for items, short of disabling trade entirely what exactly do you expect to be done to prevent this? Not that I think there is a reason to prevent this.

1 Like

I see that it isn’t against the rules, but can’t you see that a concerted effort to buy gear effectively limits competition in World First? This isn’t some small time guild boosting, it’s offering tens of millions of gold to get up on competition specifically to win a highly pushed event by Blizzard.

If any of it is cross-realm, or advertised outside of trade chat? It does violate the rules, I know they advertised outside of trade chat and actually out of the game for their sales. They even advertise on their twitch.

Just tells you Blizzard never cared about equally enforcing their rules.

A small time guild actually killed the first mythic boss before liquid did.

Furthermore, these guilds aren’t the best because of the gear they have. If this was not allowed they’d still be the best.

Win is a loose term. They don’t get anything except bragging rights. That’s it.

How a guild wants to spend their money is their prerogative.

They made the changes specifically to target sellers who were spamming dozens of servers all day every day, not guilds selling boosts for gold, which is still not against TOS

1 Like

This is a little disingenuous, the other major guilds we’re doing heroic and norm splits to get tier pieces/clear the last 3 bosses the last day. And if they’d be the best if it wasn’t allowed, why is it allowed then? It just promotes boosting through the entirety of the game if it’s so vocal.

1 Like

Wrong. No cross-realm advertising at all, and they even have to be participating in the run ON THAT CHARACTER to advertise. Fullstop. They specifically mention trade, on the server you intend to do the run on only.

Boosting/RMT advertising - #9 by Kaivax

1 Like

Because Blizzard doesn’t seem it a breach of the TOS. That’s it.

Which is fine, because it’s not against the TOS.

Boosting overall wasn’t against the TOS, but then blizzard made a decision to do that, these posts are more of talking about why this is a problem versus if it’s against the rules.

I was mistaken. My b.

Bring it up with Blizzard then I guess

That’s what the forums are for, and what people are doing in the first place yes. Don’t have much hope though, because it’s raiding guilds and Blizzards dev team comes from raiders itself so they don’t actually care about this.

It’s fairly common knowledge that Blizzard barely reads the forums.

But it’s not a problem

They read them fine, they just don’t care about the feedback given anywhere correct. You knowing this fact but then going ‘lul take it up with Blizzard then’ proves bad faith arguing in the first place

I guess…why should Blizzard care what a few guilds that get paid to play this game do?

It’s not a real “race” in terms of fairness, it’s just something players like doing.

Going crazy trying to stop this stuff (which won’t stop it) is just going to hurt the actual masses playing the game.

What they are doing isn’t outside of the new boosting rules Blizzard just came up with.

This is just the natural evolution of competition. Back in the day professional athletes used to have normal jobs during the off-season and such. Preparation intensifies the longer an activity exists and is performed.

Who are they buying it from though? That’s what I want to know.

they pay like insane tho , 5 000 000 golds :money_mouth_face:

Actually they’re offering 15 mil

I haven’t watched any of this boring crap.

Are they cross-realm advertising in-game?

They are, they are also advertising outside of the game (Against the rules) since trade on the server you intend to do the run on is the ONLY allowed form of advertisement.

If they’re cross-realm advertising in-game…they deserve absolutely 0 special treatment. Report the violators with a level 1 character if you have to.

WF has always been limited. It’s always taken enormous resources to do a WF. Pretty much the entire reason these guilds exist is to do WF.

They play for keep in the WF race, and, when it’s done, win or lose, they then spend the rest of the raid tier building themselves up so they can hit it again. Whether thats making gold, crafting stuff, running mythics endlessly to gear up then entire 20 (30? 40?) man team in full mythic gear so that they can start the next wave with the finest gear available. The gear multiple toons, multiple specs, they freely swap players/classes/specs out from boss to boss, and they all need to be top tiered geared. Because who knows, does an Affliction Warlock offer up 1% more DPS than a Demo or Destro? After the patch releases? For boss #3? This is the stuff they figure out and have to be ready for. So, if your Warlock isn’t geared out for all 3 specs, with the best secondary rolls possible, then you’re not ready.

Once that’s done, they invade the PTR and game out all of the mechanics to find the edge. These guys wipe 100’s of times.

WF is not a 2 week thing. It’s practically a full time chore for these groups.

And it’s open to anyone willing to put in the effort to do this, just know – it’s a LOT of effort.

So, anyway feel free to start your WF guild and get it ready for 10.0.