Boosters still in trade

yeah but thats more what I am advocating for just because the discords shut down doesnt mean its being policed. lfg and trade still flooded with the old raid/torg/m+ immagine once people catch up to 9.2 to sell

if it was stated they can’t do it and they were firm on the deciline they would stop doing it because it would get hard to juggle the accounts coming off long bans to advertise. thats why the first offence would be minimal 3 days or longer if they have only lvl 1-20s and clearly use the account only to spam. none of that “oh I didn’t know sorry” get extra days before the hammer

even if you call it “unsupported” chat just a way to help split them off and tuck them away so you can show them you knew you did wrong when you put it in lfg

socializing happens in discord now. that’s not really a wow specific thing.

That perplexed me too. Trade is supposed to be for trade, not meme jokes and political mud fights.

she will go into other games where its not flooded with boosties and just chat without having to find specific and fragmented discord groups. and sure could say thats what general is for but that only reaches 1 city so maybe they could do /local / general / trade and most use general for mounts and other non spammy services

Nothing actually suggests that outside of them, and since Blizzard doesn’t really have any other global/all citywide chats it’s what it will always happen.

its more that its EVERYWHERE and most of the chat and groups at times. the patch will only offer a slight reprise until its in full force. we are forced to look at it or get an addon to try to sift through and ban words like jailer cus you might still want to see wts just not boosts

Don’t think that was ever stated. And because cross realm is a thing, that’s the reason for a lvl 10 doing the advertising.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe boosting is a problem that needs more attention, and there is a simple solution.

Only allow the BUYERS to advertise in trade. The sellers will have to sit and watch instead of mindlessly spamming trade.

it was.

“Advertising for gameplay activities should be done by a WoW player-character who intends to participate in the gameplay activities. This means there should be no cross-realm advertising, and there should be no advertising from non-participating players.”

1 Like

It was. Look and some of the blue posts. Also cross realm advertising/boosting is banned as well.

Well, they should enforce this by banning accounts of those reported doing it. Like I said, boosting is bad, mmm k. it it’s bad.

I still think the solution I mentioned should also be considered.

At this point they should just implement a LFB tool.

In the post, there was a specific carve out to allow for characters that will be participating in the boost to advertise it.

If it’s actually RMT or if the advertiser is using a level 1 burner toon, report them. That’s against the Terms of Service, plain and simple.

1 Like

So much misinformation. I believe the policy is still pinned right at the top of GD, go read it.

Now you’re up to speed! :laughing:

there was a blue post that they are not allowed to advertise on any character that’s not part of the boost. level 1 for a friend for your guild ect. if you’re not there on the toon that spams its against tos

It would be best to stop trying to ban the burner accounts and see who the boosters are behind it then ban them

just report for spamming > Selling Boosts… Blizzard sent me a message top right corner by the map a thank you note. lol just report all sellers and u good

1 Like

And I hope that they give you a time out for false reporting as well. Not all boosting is against the ToS.