Boosters should be perma banned

Simple as the title. Streamers, R1 players, anybody who boosts in 2s should just be banned. It has absolutely destroyed that bracket. Not to mention streamers like Aeghis, Pikaboo, Nahj, are literally RMT boosting viewers for Twitch subs.

6 Likes

Where does one draw the line, though

If I grab some 1600 healer in the finder and take them to 1800 while farming conq was that a boost

If I help a pve only friend learn arena is that a boost

3 Likes

i can agree with streamer boosts for donos/subs being bannable given it’s basically RMT but you lost me with this

2s “boosting” for gold is 100% within the rules and isn’t ever going to go away especially given 2s is virtually meaningless from an end-game PoV once fully geared

hell, you can buy gladiator for gold these days and it’s 100% legit given gladiator isn’t % based and “boosts” don’t take a spot from someone else

the only gray area that currently exists are the streamer carries

2 Likes

Except in reality it isn’t.

Nobody cares about 2s enough. Also 2s boosting is basically the most harmless form of boosting.

Just que it up and stop complaining.

Just need more incentives to get all skill levels back to playing and dilute the booster games. I’m seeing too many repeat names

1 Like

I see it advertised for 2 mil gold in trade chat these days

1 Like

Blizzard should go back to the original system that existed in the first several seasons. You formed a team, named it, picked a team avatar and played as a team until you got rating. Each team member had to play a certain number of games. If you left the team, then you had to rejoin and grind out the necessary games to get credit again. Boosting was much harder and the game was so much more fun. Heck, please bring back resilience as a stat also so that the melee can’t double dip on their best secondary stat. The original dev teams got a lot of stuff right!

Thats just more reason to only play shuffle

Good luck with that. Boosters aren’t ruining PvP… bad game design and MMR matchmaking is.

2 Likes

Yep. Banning boosters and buyers wouldnt solve the participation problem. That’s the only reason I made my original post here 2 months ago. The system is inefficient and outdated. We’ll see what they do in TWW.

I don’t know how common glad boosting is, but aren’t they knocking other teams back down the ladder, possibly below 2400? Or they’re making 2400 teams have to play more games to get their 50 wins?

If it’s a frequent problem at the end of the season, someone could miss out on their glad because they kept dropping below 2400 due to boost teams and then they didn’t manage to get their 50 wins.

1 Like

yes. to the extent that pvp “is” grinding 50 wins between 2381 and 2393, raging in party chat, and disbanding whenever you lose 2 in a row, “pvp” is being demolished by boosters who do this

not much of an extent, for my money!

1 Like

The vast majority of boosters, people who buy boosts, and botters get banned regularly through, as well as after the seasons and have their rewards removed.