Boosters gone in arenas

Can’t speak for everyone but to people new to the pvp scene or people learning, the distinction between “booster” and fully geared people playing way below their bracket with their friends is irrelevant. From the perspective of a new player they’re impacted exactly the same regardless of the label which is why the term booster is misused much to the annoyance of this forum.

2 Likes

That’s just it, though. Even these aren’t that common. I was fully expecting to get this alts teeth kicked in until I had farmed out full conquest but there just weren’t any geared players, minus maybe the odd PvE guy who just walked in and stood there.

Like if you’re new and trying to push 1800 mmr wearing kleenex and playing Fury/Arcane then its’ going to be a rough go and the gearing system sucks initially but I just don’t know.

There’s a conquest upgrade tier at 1000, 1200 and 1400

I have seen boosters. Just they lost.

Yea dude, damn that GEAR SCORE

clowns will find anything to complain about

I’d say that is a fair distinction to make.

1 Like

I think the horrible feeling of s1 was more due to PvP gear being incredibly beneficial for PvE, in combination with the mmr being messed up. This caused boosts to be more prevalent with an influx of pve players getting quick gear. Id say in s2, since PvE gearing got changed along with mmr fixes, youre just seeing alts or people playing with friends.

On that note, im not sure how they plan on enforcing this and distinguishing between boosting communities, and a couple of friends carrying people through ksm

PvE boosting became highly reliant on middle-men it seems, and so benefitted a lot from getting organized in order to network for boosting.

There is one alternative for those guys… they just basically form guilds, and keep doing like they were, but in guild format.

The PvP guys will be a lot less affected by this. RMT arena boosting is still going to be just as prevalent, unless Blizzard chooses to get more aggressive with bans and research in that category, and as far as gold-boosting… that already didn’t really require a ton of community organization. It just requires you to be good and know a couple good people willing to make a gold payday.

I think the way arena-boosting needs to be handled both in retail and TBC is to crack down to consecutive boosters. If you’re a dude who just plays with a friend to help him get higher than he normally can, even for gold, whatever. If you’re a literal Blizzcon hero or multi-R1 constantly team hopping to push a ton of people into Glad range and stuff, you’re really damaging ladder integrity almost single-handedly… that stuff is bad.