Boost on WOTLK fresh servers need to be removed

18 months from now probably.

I agree 100 percent on this matter Blizzard needs to address this.

1 Like

Their update specifically mentions transfers being extended, not boosts. So yeah…seems like a pipe dream they won’t allow them or delay allowing boosts. Which is unfortunate, since that opens the floodgates for bots, making it much easier to instantly get a farming machine and (more importantly) continue to instantly make farming machines when Blizz does token ban waves.

If they want to add boosts, for the love of God hire some damn GMs to monitor what’s going on. Ban gold sellers and gold buyers. And not for three days. Lifetime ban, first offense. Clean up your game. They could do this, but will they? So far they haven’t cared enough to try.

4 Likes

If they are gun ho for keeping boost in the game atleast do a year and a half after wrath to a middle ground. But your 100 percent correct the moment boost go in floodgates for bots making farming easier. Not sure if they wanna dip money into GMs. But i agree with you on that also

As soon as boosts are introduced, one can expect the economy to be overrun with inflation. As bots and gold farmers/sellers flood the server, honest players will rapidly lose interest due to the “pay-to-win” nature of GDKPs, something that was almost entirely absent from the game at the time of the original’s release.

There is already a thread on the topic:

No need to add more.

1 Like

I’d ask for a minimum of six months for transfers and boosts.
Additionally, add some restrictions on transfers for gold and items.

3 Likes

Paying Blizzard for a Boost is a better situation than paying RMT to bot farmers for a boost. And the second WILL happen.

You’re right.

It needs to be removed and replaced with a level 80 boost.

4 Likes

No boosts and no transfers period,ever

4 Likes

At least 6 months, I think. By then, I’m sure Blizzard will have let already let bots run rampant and destroy the economy. Though really, I’d prefer never.

What update are you talking about? This is from the only one I’m aware of:

2 Likes

Scroll down.

Or hit the little Blizz button with the arrow.

Ah, I see. Kinda wish they’d just have Kaivax edit the original post. Thanks!

Blizzard has been quite on this. But Honestly the community should not be so accepting of the boost either just cause they ninjaed it in TBC. Which is wrong regardless of mages influence. I feel like the normalized it now no one seems to care as much as server transfers which both are bad.

2 Likes

imagine telling blizzard not to make money

2 Likes

This is what we need bring back core values.

Honestly it seems like the boost since being ninjaed into TBC has made the community numb to how wrong it is to have in the game. I get Mage boost also but have two sets of boost wont really help honestly. Blizz has the money to counter bots however they seem to ignore it.

2 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from and I don’t like the boost in general… But,

The new servers won’t stay fresh forever. They will not be some sort of safe haven.

Bots will be terrible day one. Probably way worse than other servers.

They will be exactly like current servers in 90 days or less. Good luck and try to be more realistic, you won’t be as let down.

They seem to normalize the idea of boost being in classic. The community should of been in uproar when this hit TBC. They seem to be numb to it or asleep.

1 Like

Bro they are gonna ninja the wow token into WOTLK i hate to say it. I see retail people crying for it. I dont even think classic people care anymore to stand up for this game.