Boost Communities are back ( were they ever really gone?)

A Friend of mine just bought two hc raid boosts, for one of his alts. After the fist run he informed me that it seemed to be done by a boost community. Also after the second he noticed that there is a boost community involved which is communicating via discord servers.

He was even offerd dc servers over battlenet chat. How can it be that they are still operating? If you watch up the service channel, you see like hundreds of lvl 1 or lvl 10 characters advertising, which is also against the ToS and which i supppose belong to these boost communitys.

I went to some of these dc servers to do some research and i see that they have current offers for current content so these are not old servers which are not running anymore.

I am not so disturbed by the boosting communities as i don’t buy and don’t boost but i don’t understand why forbid something if it then goes on like nothing ever happened?

13 Likes

If you put up all these rules and restrictions, the channel and the threat of banning, please act on it. The murloc trial characters reported by me at least seem to get whacked on a regular basis, but: Why can characters way below max level still advertise for anything? If participating in the service is basically mandatory it makes no sense when almost all boosting is for lvl60 characters.

6 Likes

They are still a problem. But just to shed some light on the boosting space, some old boosting communities have basically turned into request-a-boost servers which are legal as far as I understand it. A representative of your guild can join the server and, if qualified, gain access to a private channel. Players looking for boosts can post in the server what they are looking for and a guild representative can see that in the private channel, snatch them up, and manage the rest of the transaction. No in-game advertising is required and the gold transaction is handled completely independently by the selling guild. As far as I know, this is completely legal.

Atleast one of the servers i saw advertisers getting cuts and don’t boost with the group :slight_smile: so no, not all of them changed into request a boost.

The communities was gone for like two-three weeks, they were never really gone