Boomy PVP feeling pretty good in SS

Gotta say, it has only been 1 night of experimenting since the patch, but having some of the damage from other classes toned down in addition to the trinket bonus giving more health, and this slightly slower meta has had boomy feeling much better for me so far.

1 Like

Yeah I can agree. Unfortunately I only did 2 so far and only climbed like 10 overall because I was going 3-3 but they were like 2600 lobbies. Dks still feel very hard to kill but it’s much better.

I just wish I didn’t have a constant dilemma in my head of, do I want astral communion and improved Incarn or boat, or 1 point boat and AC or…

I miss having all of them :(. AND dragons! :rage:

3 Likes

definitely better than before… but somehow i managed to go 3-3 in 7 games, then go 1-5 and 2-4 and went from 1900-1650… now im struggling to crawl out of the gutter with teammates who dont use defensives and I dont do enough to carry by myself :frowning:

Way less dot damage, but missing out on a lot of talents we would have had with the previous tree. They still have more tuning to go and maybe making goldrinn 1 point instead of two… or adding a x% of starsurge damage to the talent as well.

1 Like

Yea I hear that:/

With the build I’m playing right now, the buffed max astral power from AC kind of offsets not having improved incarn for me.

Though I do feel bad missing out on the ~12% damage from fae dragons and waning twilight, as well as the slow and damage from mushrooms…and as I write all that out I’m only further questioning my decisions, lol.

The only way I’m able to stomach taking astral smolder is by having BoAT.

Yeah… even with boat smolder does pitiful damage. Like it could maybe have a strong dot like every few games if all the stars align but that dot is still only like 20-30k. It’s just hurt so much by the passive 20% crit loss of starfire now.

I honestly have no idea what build is best. Do I take dragons for more passive overall dps? Do I take boat to help with crits at opportune times? Do I take astral communion? It being on the gcd is what really makes it feel bad to press.

I’m not sure I could justify not taking mushrooms. They seem to simply add too much damage and AP to be honest.

2 Likes

they need to rework a lot of talents. My ele feels like almost every single talent is a meaningful awesome impact. But boomy feels meh at best.

Lots of talents make no sesne where they are placed, do little damage, do little to increase damage, and flat out take too many points for what they are worth.

-starfall shouldnt be a talent
-Astral communion should replace starfalls spot (allows us to skip stellar flare)
-Astral smolder should be 10/20% of ALL starfire/wrath damage.
-Waning light should be a 2 point 1/2% chance per DOT tick to increase ALL damage by 0.5% for 10 seconds UP to 10 stacks or something of the sort instead of worrying about mantaining 3 dots in pvp and being forced into steller, or running shrooms.
-Goldrinn should be 1 talent point, or increase its damage. OR just add a 5% damage per point to starsurge along with its normal effect.

A lot of other specs have sooo many modifiers and options to choose and different playstyles, boomy is just stuck running basically one layout except a couple different talents for arenas. RBGs you just take starfall.

5 Likes

I’m about 3-4 useful buttons short of what I had last week, my AP generation is much slower, and my GCD is much longer.
Also, still don’t have a WALL talent like feral has survival instincts, resto has ironbark…
Our tree has zero defensives.

After playing ele shammy, i don’t feel balance is good…but i love the espec and wish the best for all my balance friends.

1 Like

it feels better becuz they buffed our raw numbers but this still doesnt fix the main issue with boomy - spec identity my starsurges still tickle people, its extremely hard to get wrath/starfire to do anything in pvp even with damage increases.
lemme explain the casted spells buff stacking in dragonflight compared to SL

in dragonflight to buff wrath from literally 12k it would be

eclipse 15% nature buff- and wrath damage by 40%

if i get umbral embrace proc extra 40% wrath ON MY NEXT cast

2 set- starsurge increased casted spells by 15% stacking to 3 ON MY NEXT cast

best possible wrath damage increase

12k+55%= 18.5k + 40% = 25.9k + 45% makes it a total 39k

on THE 1 NEXT CAST it does as much as 1 lava burst no overload

in shadowlands there werent many ways to buff wrath and starfire. even despite that, this singluar passive we used to have gave…
eclipse gave 25% nature damage and 15% less cast time on spells.
stasurge empowered the damage or crit chance of active eclipse by 6% stacking until eclipse ends.

at the end of my eclipses in shadowlands the increase would get up to 70-90% buff on my casted spells for the duration of eclipse

in cds would end up at the 110-140% range

in conclusion they took away our main passive that made eclipse okay

4 Likes

Ive honestly been having more success with convoke than ive thought recently. Gotta go back to the old mass entangle 2 and orbital blast, convoke the solo kill target. With the buffs to starsurge and wrath convoke is doing really good single target damage now. ( each convoke is averaging about 175 to 300k damage from the total cast )

Again its super watered down if you cant funnel it into one target.

But the best feeling ive had in arena so far has been pulling someone LOS and the easiest bash into orbital/convoke kill ive ever seen. Convoke has been bad for so long no one expect it lol.

So far im not missing 10 seconds off my incarn and 10% crit during that window. The trade off for 1 min AP generation and a move i can set up and trap people with feels good to have.

Might not be better as the consistent choice though

1 Like

ehh tbh 175k to 300k is very lackluster, my ele shams primodial wave burst hits for around 150k-300k on a single target. and thats instant cast on a 45 second cd that gets reduced ALOT

Wish Astral Communion were off GCD.

Smolder might be worthwhile if they added Starsurge crits to it, or made it affect all Wrath/Starfire damage.

4 Likes

Oh 100%. Make it feel as good as it does to press Tiger’s Fury for Feral.