Boomy changes may be better than expected

So I don’t enjoy not having boat or dragons, however this new damage that builds can do is proving pretty useful. With a small build tweak I find myself doing more damage than I ever was before. This last shuffle I was in I hit a 109k starfire. 85-90k surges at times… I don’t know.

I mean nothing about the requisite playstyle changed and our defensive game didn’t change but we certainly output some good pressure now.

Also just for what it’s worth saw snupy pushing 3.1k+ in SS in EU and while not massively ahead of everyone, he was still stop dmg in all but one round. :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

our damage is not fine,
the overall spec feels horrid to play and really unforgiving, like u have to outplay every single move in a 1v1, theres no classes i feel like we are strong against anymore.

8 Likes

damage feels amazing to me. We have lethal burst again. God help them if you crit. Starfire slaps and it cleaves and it’s instant. Starsurge hurts again. Orbital strike is still good. you have spammable cc. bear form wasn’t nerfed. Boomkin is in a very good place right now imo. I just hope they don’t nerf it tbh.

I’m topping like every single arena lol. But yeah I mean I guess our damage sucks.

Yeah trollolloll. Post on your main or GTFO and QQ moar!!

/wave Flapz

starsurge hits less than a lava burst , orbital strike works about 70% of the time. starfires cleave hits harder than the actual single target and wrath, and frienzied regen is still nerfed for boomies in pvp since shadowlands, at the very same time my ele sham can crit healing surge for over 200k,

boomy has a few good damage points, but other spell casters out shine it by a mile

2 Likes

Lol hey there. About to take a break from these silly forums. The Druids have disappointed me.

Yeah…it’s a tough crowd in here…but I’m noticing it in every class forum.

I’d like to join you. But then I’d be so bored on these night shifts, I wouldn’t know what to do with myself :wink:

Lol I feel you. I just don’t get why like feral still does well, R1s say it’s fine, my own impressions is it’s fine, but yet it’s just nothing but enough tears to fill the Nile.

I just expected better is all :frowning:

Echo chambers are not usually a good thing and I find that’s what it is.

Even for PvE it’s “omg I’m so much weaker now”.::really? I didn’t change a sand thing (left the same ol’ talents and everything) and my DPS went up about 3-4k on average.

The loudest wheel gets greased first I guess

Been returning more to boomkin the past couple days. Damage actually feels really good, and I don’t even have 4pc yet (next week!). Kiting feels decent with mushrooms and our other tools, although mushrooms probably can’t be taken in 3s with the new tree.

(Flapz, I assume you’re combining Umbral Intensity, SotF, Umbral Embrace, and 2pc to see such Starfire splash numbers?)

Defensively, it needs help. I don’t think this can be disputed? Barkskin is not adequate to blunt any go in this meta, and its self-healing is woefully bad relative to other hybrids for some reason.

Hard-casted Regrowths can’t outheal a DoT, let alone top us off, while our Frenzied is similarly nerfed. A hybrid caster shouldn’t be comparable to hunter with its meaningful self-healing (Renewal vs Exhilaration).

Simply put, most people aren’t arena players. Something can feel fine in 3v3 (because you have a pocket healer, because you have a dps partner), while less so outside of it.

Feral’s totally fine in 3v3 post-nerf, because as I’ve said, its cleaving – and cleave-facilitated single-target – is still good.

Its solo play was more heavily affected though, as its non-cleave single-target is genuinely mediocre right now outside of incarnation, combined with the unwarranted survivability nerfs (both regen and PotP nerfed, in a meta where damage is out of control). These things can combine to make it a less pleasant experience for the average player.

Most people also don’t have 4pc (some don’t even have 2pc), which is a big part of what’s shoring up both feral and balance’s damage.

P.S. Blizzard, give boomkin Survival Instincts or Regrowth on Owlkin Frenzy. It really needs something to improve its defensibility / self-sustain.

I like boomy now but I had geared up with feral and thhe two specs gear isnt the same adn I dont feel like grinding conquest gear for boomy. But I do like it now just wished the gear thing didnt happen so I swapped to frost mage

I take them but I no longer have BoaT or denizens.

I think it’s umbral embrace (one that turns it into astral) and SotF doesn’t contribute at all. However yes I stack everything. That’s a pure ST hit.

I mean, like I said, sure it’s not as “free” as it was before but that’s a good thing. No specs should have training wheels at the highest level. It’s still very capable in 3’s and shuffle alike.

Also. I think PotP was buffed.

Can’t wait to play with that 4 set. Orbital Strike into 35% increased Starsurge (maybe after a couple Rattle the Star builders) is going to hit different!

Only 20% in pvp but, yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

What?! I didn’t know that lol. Oh well. Will still be nice!

Yeah, they likely figured with the 20% buff that it’d be a bit overkill. It’s all good though. I think that’s fair.

1 Like

Well good for you guys, i’m getting decimated by melees, i just feel a burden for my team and healer, i enter bear form torns and barks skin, they /lol me and explode my health bar.

1 Like

How much they paying you Flapz. If someone doesn’t agree with you and you say they’re crying do you get double? “I expected more…” Cryin’ Flapz, can’t see problems with the class when compared to other classes but berates those that can. That’s Cryin’ Flapz for ya.

At around what cr do you play at? Is this solo shuffle? You may end up spending too much time in bear and thus create no counter pressure. Do you try to clone or anything first? You could always watch Rudar or supa stream/vods and get an idea of how to survive cleaves. It’s easier to watch a video than try to explain every scenario over text.

I’ve probably been more outspoken about my disdain for the boomy changes than literally anyone. I’m trying to see a silver lining and saying that despite losing some capstone abilities we used to have, the damage potential is certainly there. Heck of a lot better mentality than people who threaten to reroll or something because they can’t be asleep while playing it. I’m not sure how what I’m saying is crying lol.

1 Like