Boomkin is Hurting!

Boomkin is in one of the worst places I’ve ever seen the class in my years of playing since Wrath. First, its not on par with other dps specs, especially AOE which is what I always felt was Boomkin’s strength. Second, the spec has no buttons… the recommended mythic+ wowhead spec pares down the talent tree to a build with just six button (starfire, moonfire, sunfire, wrath, starsurge, and starfall) plus a burst button every 2 minutes. This is the most mindless gameplay. Please buff boomkin and add another button or two for AOE fun, simply buffing Wild Shrooms or Fury of Elune would do the trick to make those worthwhile to take.

5 Likes

I’ma just be real with you man

This has been boomy for a long time… lol.

Idk boomy felt fine for me when I was trying out the new talents.

The rotation right now is definitely very stale. Pretty much all our talents are passives, we’ll pick up Force of Nature and/or Elune’s Fury/Full Moon when hero talents come out but right now our rotation is just so on the rails. No meaningful procs, nothing to really play around. All that’s left is Starlord uptime and playing Full Moon correctly in terms of skill expression. We really need like something to give us some more dynamic gameplay

Don’t forget the Umbral Embrace proc, that can help one push more damage out. Though does seem bugged somehow. I’m still learning it though, but it does trigger Umbral Inspiration, this is the talent juggle or watch. A lot of “hidden” damage in this one.

While not great and subject to change with full hero talents, balance has some new things to learn.

You know you should play around with the spec before you knock it out, as someone who has actually been testing boomy quite a heavy amount on beta and now live i can you tell you the difference between using the passives properly or not is like 40% damage difference.

It’s funny when someone said they got a 490k starsurge and was like wow that feels amazing, then me to hit a 1.6mil main target starfire that blasted 8 other adds for 800k quite consistently.

Natures Grace - 2 set - Umbral - Convoke - CA all of these things use the passives we have and make these huge nukes that we have a very high chance of getting every 15 seconds, timing of skills and timing of passives is huge and it makes a huge difference.

Just play around with it a little bit, we suck at single target but our aoe even without starfall is THE strongest in the game atm.