Boomkin has been completely gutted

Tbh, I think a lot of this is aesthetics; I mean… you have a borderline evil wizard in warlock who controls demons & their energies, you have a tribal farseer that speaks to the elements & uses their powers, a cultist that worships the old gods using their power while teetering on the brink of psychosis then you have…. chicken that shoots sun & moon beams at you woo (I personally like boomie but I can see why people would go other routes… gf always makes fun of me for picking the ‘most boring wow class’ when it comes to warrior so apparently my tastes can’t be trusted).

1 Like

I think that’s part of it for some people, but overall druid fluctuates between the most popular and 2nd most popular class with hunter and it’s 33 to 50% more popular than other classes. The appeal of the shapeshifter that can adapt to any situation is pretty neat imo.

Even looking at reroll power trends, boomy had fewer rerolls than ANY other meta spec throughout DF (Ret>Dh>lock>Ele>Sp). I personally know so many people who tried to reroll boomy, said “This class is awful you just die” and quit/swapped back. In fact, the only person I know who rerolled boomy and made it work was rev (honorable mention Shards but even he mained warlock still). Where the opposite was not true, with prev literally mainswapping to spriest, dipi playing warrior, lock, ele, and sp, camel playing DH & ele, and even jaybeezy swapping to ret and all of them being comparably successful.

Boomy is obviously INSANELY strong because of cyclone, and it does feel annoying to play into, but there isn’t a single player who has played both sides of boomy and felt like boomy is a fraction as tanky as most arena players seem to think it is.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years. Our ramp-up damage and CC can go down a bit, and I’d take slightly more durability as a good trade-off any day. I recently made suggestions on the Druid forums as to how the weight can be shifted back to casting-time and spending resources. IMO Dragonflight has been too much of a noodle-spam rotationally. It hasn’t been as fun in arena, but I still enjoy and intend on continuing to practice and learn with Boomy :dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

We’ve been asking for wrath/starfire casts to be impactful for a while, but to each their own.

The boomy talent tree is fine. You get a lot of power for little effort. The DRUID tree is awful for ALL the specs. Bear form is just a base cd that’s metric comes from reading the situation rather than just pressing it in response.

Rejuv is a whatever thing because you can spec into it relatively easily, however it’s the healing numbers that suck on hybrid abilities rn. You just go oom before any healing actually impacts the circumstance.

Starfall is hit or miss. Stacking it atm with how osme of the talents work is pretty oppressive, however when one CD starfall was a thing, it was just as painful because it hit really hard every tick.

Sure, but because this needs to be broken record’ed… Cyclone is a problem because of the comps boomy is enabled to play in. DH/Boomy & rogue/boomy just enable the boomy to do whatever it wants relatively safely, so those clones become obnoxious. Put a boomy with practically any other comp and suddenly those clones are annoying rather than game breaking.

idk but i t feels like i can cyclone ppl across the map now so thats a win

2 Likes

This talent is being removed actually… only two weeks after its implementation KEKW :dracthyr_lulmao:

What talent?

1 Like

Bring back MoP boomkin gg ty.

1 Like

High Winds :frowning:

EDIT: Guess not?

Is it?! Since when?? Source?

1 Like

I parrotted from YouTube,
maybe they’re wrong? #hope

"Class Tuning Hotfixes August 6 - War Within Beta - Wowhead News

Druid
Balance
PvP Talents - High Winds Increases the range of Cyclone, Typhoon and Entangling Roots by 5 yds.
REMOVED Effect #2 Apply Aura: Modifies Radius
Value: 25%
Affected Spells:
Typhoon, Typhoon (Talent)
NEW Effect #2 Apply Aura: Modifies Radius
Value: 5
Affected Spells:
Typhoon, Typhoon (Talent)"

Perhaps this is just a bug fix? It reads as if Typhoon was accidentally getting OP value?

Hopefully, I (and that video) was wrong there, cuz High Winds is def really nice to have esp. in Shuffle

Hmm. Possible, gonna need battlecruiser on that one.

Official launch notes don’t have that!

1 Like

boomkins been gutted? its joever??? fr how can we cope with this… like in the way of supplies in making a party for this

Well that’s a great relief. I guess all they did there was just fix the range value on Typhoon then :slight_smile:

1 Like