Bonuses to night fae shamans

The ability does alot of damage, then you can pop it to heal a few nearby allies! But say you use it against mobs that take increase damage. The healing still works of the damage you do!!

An example would be on huntsman, any difficulty. Once it’s time to damage the shades, the ability scales very hard. But…the damage isn’t on recount/details… BUT. The heal is… and… what’s a good heal target for all that healing… correct!! Rip soul! Not only you can full heal it… enjoy the healing/over healing!!!

Night fae op :slight_smile:

It’s decent for putting out damage but you are locked to the channel cast too, meaning you can’t cast anything else DPS or HPS wise during the duration.

It’s not as strong for Restoration shamans as I don’t believe the healing from it can crit, only the damage aspect while it’s being channeled. From a Restoration shaman healing perspective, Primordial Wave (Necrolord) and Chain Harvest (Venthyr) are both stronger. Even from a dps perspective, Chain Harvest heals for more and has a shorter CD at 1.5min compared to the 2 min Night Fae.

1 Like

Yeah I really enjoyed Night fey as well and chose it initially. The channel didn’t really feel bad in any way since stuff is happening so early shadowlands when we were all crying about having downtime with nothing to press it let all our abilities come off CD.

But the longer cooldown of night fey ability just made me feel like I had less shots to use it as opposed to chain harvests’ malestorm 1.5 him shot.

Both can crit and if you run Korayn you can game/cheese First Strike buff to have +25% for every mob available. Example: pull has 5 mobs you can have 25 sec of crit buff by just FS/FrS.

I also use FT for stuff you have to LoS like Haywire in DoS. Everyone else is hiding and I’m still dpsing.

1 Like

From a resto point of view, I can’t really comment.
But from Enhancement Chain Harvest will rarely hit for more than 20-25k. If you are lucky and the entire thing crits every target, you’re looking at 35k, if you have some kind of damage boost rolling too, in most cases it hits for 12-15k, which is honestly not really any better than a crit Elemental Blast with 5 MSW.

Fae Transfusion however has a conduit that lowers its cooldown to ~90 seconds (depending on the rank), and if everything crits it will hit for 60k+ whilst being able to be used just as often as CH if you take that conduit (which is actually our 2nd best potency conduit atm).
At MINIMUM it hits for 25k and regularly hits for 35k, i’ve had 55k+ hits fairly often too.

It’s not as “fire and forget” as CH, but the healing that it does can heal your entire party from 50% to 100% with ease, and can be used when YOU want to, rather than as part of the damage.
For resto you can pop FT when you have a few seconds to do damage, and then pop it again when you need the heal, so that you’re not trying to figure out when the best time to use it is, and because CH isn’t instant unless you’re Enhancement, FT is actually just as easy to time/use.

Can it actually crit? I was basing mine on what Wowhead had posted for this ability.

More or less for resto shaman they quote " In other words, you require an enemy target to be able to do anything with this, and doing damage stores healing. Activating the ability again heals 4 allies within 20 yards of you for the stored amount - this heal can not crit as the damage part already does that."

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/night-fae-restoration-shaman-covenant-best-soulbinds-shadowlands#:~:text=Shaman%20Covenant%20Abilities-,Night%20Fae%20Restoration%20Shaman%20Class%20Ability%3A%20Fae%20Transfusion,and%20doing%20damage%20stores%20healing.

I think the point is it doesn’t need to crit. If your FT does so much damage with crits that it’s stored up 60k of healing, it’s just as (if not more) powerful than a CH that does crit.

I stand corrected the heal can not crit.

The FT healing doesn’t crit, it always does an amount based off how much damage you did. I found that to usually be around 18-20k for each person (at least for Ele, when used with a 20% bonus from MOTE). The highest healing I ever saw from it is if you use it on Sludgefist after he hits a pillar, you can reach 60-70k per-person heals.

In my experience the healing from it is definitely better than the healing from Chain Harvest, except for Enhance who gets the MW bonus. The way I see it, the downsides compared to Chain Harvest is that it’s harder/less reliable to use, and it does less damage to multiple targets (but honestly that can even be close if Chain Harvest doesn’t crit).

Is this from a dps perspective or resto? Chain Harvest in my experience heals for at least 60k per cast, and that’s without unleash life. If FT heals for more than that I’d be shocked.

I really wish they’d just let us play around with these abilities in Oribos. Night fae is the one covenant I haven’t tried yet, and while I’m pretty happy with Venthyr, I am looking at the new soulbind traits and Korayn might actually be better than Draven and if there’s a good legendary it might make me switch.

Edit: just tried it out on the PTR without any soulbind stuff and I completely misunderstood FT. I thought the healing you pooled was split among the 4 people when you use FT a second time, but it’s actually 4x the healing the tooltip shows. FT is so viable and I feel like an idiot.

1 Like

My Fae Transfusion during SLG progression (as Enhancement) healed for 335.8k over 9 casts for an average of 37.3k, 50% of which was overheal.

Because of heavy movement and me not trying to min/max the damage or healing that it does, I didn’t get as much damage with it as I would normally…

1.36m over 48 casts (28.3k per cast on average).

I usually hit 35k+ because of crits if the entire channel hits; so with full uptime on it, you’d get approx 25% more damage, and therefore 25% more healing, which would average to about 46.9k for me on that 1 night.

If I run wolf bones, my average is usually MUCH higher because of Elemental Blast and Wolves. I normally hit 50-60k with that setup per cast, and this would push the healing component up to as much as 75k.

I’m sure resto and elemental have some way of buffing the damage and therefore healing it does as well.

when i play enhance, i use dreamreaver, i should try to test more, but i kinda like to open with fae transfusion then do a transition with windfury totem, when using doomwinds and get a lot of burst damage

but please, allow us to move when casting fae transfusion just like convoke the spirit

Transfusion is a fantastic heal if you can predict the raid damage and justify the channel time.

It’s also really useful for Ele solo content as Transfusion gains the bonus from Master of the Elements

The channel time is easily justified as you don’t have many more abilities that will do in the range of 40k-60k in two and a half seconds ST.

By “Justify the channel time” I meant channelling it entirely without interruption

With scripted content
With raid warning addons with timers that tell you what the next incoming threat is and the exact time they will be coming.

How are you “NOT” able to make this ability work.

2 Likes

Since the healing is based on the damage, allowing the heal to crit would be counting your crit chance twice. What’s more relevant is that it doesn’t benefit from resto mastery. However, the heal is huge enough that I don’t the scaling is much of an issue.

My opinion on Fae Transfusion is that it suits both the M+ and PvP meta, where sustained output doesn’t matter half as much as your burst window. Primordial Wave is without a doubt better for most raid encounters, but nothing beats a clutch Transfusion on a pride, or completely wrecking someone in arena. People think it’s awkwardly designed, but in fact being able to do the damage up to twenty seconds before the heal gives it far more flexibility than, say, Chain Harvest. It’s like any cooldown where you learn the best places to use it over time.

I would switch back to NF in a heartbeat if I wasn’t like the only Necro in my guild. “Meaningful choice”.

1 Like

Night Fae for Enhancement is very nice. Both the soulbinds and Transfusion are great.

I have leveled through every covenant on my shaman and Night Fae was the one I ended up choosing.

i would like to see more interaction when playing elemental, enhance gets some maelstrom charges, why can’t elemental get some maelstrom based on the cast

Field of Blossoms gives a circle to stand in for 12% haste for 20 seconds, which is far easier to manage for elemental than enhancement.