Bonereaver's Edge (BRE) Proc % is Much Lower than it was in Vanilla

Exactly right. Classic procs are % chance on hit, NOT PPM. Fight club verifies that the proc rate on BRE in classic is 11% instead of the ~15-17% reports from vanilla.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Blizzard is completely clueless when it comes to what was actually true in Vanilla in regards to the current patch we’re working with, and what their reference client shows them - due to poor record keeping.

They claim Nightfall is working according to the reference client as well, but it’s simply not true - and is well documented historically if you look for it as well.

Why they are willing to fix things like Skull of Impending Doom but turn a blind eye to other items is beyond me.

There’s even stronger evidence of issues in their quality control when it comes to maintaining Vanilla accurate items in things like the maelstrom trinket proccing back to back off windfury procs, but I digress.

Just wish Blizzard would come out and say they simply don’t know instead of trying to hide behind their reference client nonsense.

It appears that proc rates for BRE and UTB should both be about 50% higher than they are now (11% currently for BRE and 6% currently for UTB).

Hopefully this gets fixed.

This is simply false. There are plenty of PPM mechanics.

Until this test is done without the flurry talent, there is no way to prove anything.

This guy has been doing proc tests for all things in the game, and routinely discovers PPM based procs:

Are you telling me warriors should be 1 shotting me every time instead of most of the time?

Fightclub disagrees with you. My own personal tests corroborate their findings. BRE has an approximately 11% proc chance on hit. NOT PPM.

The Untamed Blade is about 5.5% proc chance on hit.

Both are lower than they were in vanilla.

Test them without Flurry and I will agree about the proc chance. But until I see that evidence I will continue believing there’s a chance its PPM … because removing flurry brings it to exactly the % chance you’re claiming it should have.

I tested it as arms. No flurry.

He has used data collected from the the fight club/addons and created some youtube vids. Watch who he thanks in his vids for the data and note my quote on who to thank

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292545107490504704/715241814080225310/unknown.png    

Note weapon proc data tested in game

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292545107490504704/715242661266587689/unknown.png    

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292545107490504704/715242915068117133/unknown.png    

Weapon enchants in classic just take the attack speed and procs per minute into consideration for a flat % proc applied to every attack. PPH is proc per hit in this formula and PPM is proc per minute
PPH = (Weapon speed) / (60 / PPM)
[6:18 PM]
to the best of my knowledge it’s the base speed, so flurry doesnt reduce your chance at a crusader proc
[6:18 PM]
and OH has same chance yeah, OH will miss however

Yeah, crusader is roughly weapon speed *1.67% per attack, or a proc every minute on average on auto attacks