Boat from Boralus to Stormwind Sometimes Takes Me to Alterac Valley

This is Still happening and it happens to me whenever I use the boat now.

1 Like

Oedipus:
Good morning.

There is a bug with the Boralus-Stormwind boat that instead transfers you to Alterac Valley. It has happened everytime this week for meand i’m starting to get pretty frustrated. The character i am currently using only has 1 hearthstone which makes this quite inconvenient.

Here is a link to the thread showing it’s been ongoing for way to long.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/boat-from-boralus-to-stormwind-sometimes-takes-me-to-alterac-valley/217181/60

Zanngrue:

My name is Zanngrue and i’m a Game Master here at Blizzard. Thanks for you rpatience while we got to your ticket. I was able to take a look at your account, and i think i have some answers for you!

We know it’s not great when something like this doesn’t work as expected. We definitely want to make sure this is reported to the proper folks here at Blizzard in order to have this investigated. In cases like this specific issue, this is handled by our development and QA teams, and isn’t something CS would be able to investigate or fix. Luckily, there is a way to contact the team directly! Please follow the instructions in the below link for information on how to send this information directly to the folks who can look into this for you. I do want to warn you that you’re unlikely to receive a direct replay, and we cannot promise how long a bug may take to be fixed, assuming it is actually bugged. However, this is the only path we have available in order to get this looked at. Thanks for your understanding and help with this!

Summary:
He can’t forward the ticket onto the correct team because he is a lazy POS. They can’t promise anything because they don’t care. If they won’t make money off of it then why do something about it? Sigh.

Just happened to me today. Gonna be a heck of a trek to Stormwind now lol

This bug has been around for years. They’re not going to fix it.

1 Like

Still is a bug! Blizzard pls fix. It’s so bad for new players, who get stuck in some high level Zone with no way back out to Stormwind. Thankfully, a kind player flew me out to where I needed to go.

1 Like

This just happened to me. Super weird! I’d never taken the boat out of Boralus before.

1 Like

Happens every time. How am I supposed to get back to Stormwind? I sent my stone to another inn in Boralus. I am totally new, so if its obvious sorry

APRIL 2021 - Still happens!

Still happens, every single time, on any character.

This has happened to me a few times now, I get on the boat to Stormwind and end up standing next to Grumbol Grimhammer.

Can confirm as of 6/10/2021 it is STILL not working.

According to a ticket response I received this has never been an issue.

1 Like

Just happened to me, thought it might be an isolated issue but apparently not. I’ll probably submit a ticket just so they have it on record

This has clearly been an issue for at least the past 3 years.

Perhaps if someone asked them to read this thread, they might see that it’s still very much an issue and a bit of a time waster for those who have to sit in the cave at AV if their hearthstone still has a 30 min CD on it.

And…it’s still happening today, 14th July 2021.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did. I sent the link to this thread after they tried to tell me no one had ever reported this issue, they never replied back and then they closed the ticket marking it solved :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can’t say I’m surprised, Calestia.

The game doesn’t appear to be looked after and maintained the way it was when Blizzard Devs and staff were in control.

Now that Blizz is gone and it’s only Activision, it shows.

Add me to the list. Thankfully I interacted with the gryphon master in SW after leaving Exile’s Reach for the short time I was there before boarding the ship to Kul Tiras. After I figured out where I was I got on horseback and headed south toward the Arathi Highlands. I came across an alliance camp called Refuge Point which had a gryphon master. From there I boarded a gryphon and was able to get to SW.

This just happened to me four times in a row with my NE hunter… don’t think I’ll bother a fifth time. Totally broken!

This is still happening lol it got me. So without spoilers, is there a way to go from Tiragarde Sound back to Stormwind reliably?

so in basic this happened to me but much much worse got stuck loaded under the map in hillsbrad foothills odd enough as is but its gets far worse as soon as i loaded error coded to menu (error 51900319) thought maybe server issues nope logged in same server over and over errors on only that on pmc always spawning under the map or insta disconnect error then after about 10 times i got the cave in the headlands