BM rotations?

So I’ve read wowhead and occasionally icy veins.

As a BM is it just hit whatever you want mostly on the skills?

I know that’s likely not the correct way but it seems like I’m hitting animal cooldowns and then spam whatever I feel like.

Also if someone asks I don’t have any addons and don’t track damage as such but also don’t run high keys or “elite” .

Both priority lists are 100% correct.

Probably still worth tracking frenzy stacks on your pet, but a lot less necessary now with any normal level of haste + longer barbed shot.

Definitely worth tracking whether you’ve got beast cleave up.

Nothing else is really required except trinkets.

How can you honestly say you’ve read both of those guides and yet still think you just hit whatever…

1 Like

Because thats what I said and it seems to my understanding that aside from animal cd’s its pretty much that.

How was it hard to follow what I asked and said?

It’s hard to follow because those guides don’t say that drivel in any way, shape, or form.

If you think this you definitely didn’t read the priority list on either site lol

As I recall, keep an eye on your frenzy stacks; you want them at two. Kill Command on cooldown, don’t miss it.

And turn off the unnecessary pet abilities like Dash. Your pet has a bar (like a mana bar) to use its spells, you want your pet to Bite or Claw but not wasted on Dash or some movement speed thing.

Many players skip multi-shot altogether. Use your Mark before pull so other hunters can get theirs on other targets.

Every encounter requires some utility, so you do your part.

There are test dummies in the game for a reason, they are not only for the pvp players training muscle memory.

I’m sure others will correct me and not ridicule everyone.

Happy hunting!

Do not follow this advice, at all.

1 Like

well, you don’t really need MS for single-target :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

?
why tho?

1 Like

Get Barb Shot Helper. It will tell you when to apply it again. Comes in handy when you’re busy focusing on things.

In solo content, you’ve picked your pet to do stuff like slow the enemy with ankle bite; maybe for pvp too.

In group content, you want your pet to do damage like bite. You want to see that pet go bite, bite, bite. Your pet has an energy bar and can’t bite without energy.

During your group content, your pet will cast the extra spells like ankle bite or dash or, if a spirit beast, maybe a random heal on someone which means less bite, bite, bite. So, you have your pet UI with the marching ants and you turn off those spells.

Some might even turn off the marching ants on the spirit beast heal and make a macro so it is “heal me” and you have control for when you need it.

It is a simple way to manage your pet’s energy bar so that it is all spent on the dps portion of your game in group.

except that dash doesn’t cost focus :man_shrugging:

I’m wrong and you are right. I logged in to double-check and all my thinking has been wrong.