BM Is Woefully Underpowered

OP, after thinking on it for a few days…

1. Fix BM bugs

2. Make Beast Cleave 10 seconds long.

3. Tune our AoE damage after doing the first 2 items.

Our ST looks to be competitive.

1 Like

Make barbed shot refresh 10 seconds. Just for quality of life

2 Likes

Bm is balanced around Neltharax and tier sets adding extra damage to them currently would make them grossly overpowered

Tier should be a small bonus to every spec. The bow, most hunters will never see.

Not a good way to balance any spec.

16 Likes

Id totally settle for 8sec. 6sec feels absolutely awful

Blizzard does this stuff every expansion. BM needed changes like last week.

4 Likes

Yeah the 10% aura buff went to the wrong spec. BM is a complete joke.

2 Likes

Never said BM can outburst MM that’s a given. You bring up trinkets as though that’s against the burst AoE rules lol, should I not be able to use my bow either? I can hit over 100k on the 5 target dummies. I can hit well over that in higher pulls. If you can’t that’s a YOU problem.

Breaking 100k no trinket

Your numbers about BM simply are not true.

2 Likes

Well I never really play MM… and using no trinkets, and I’m bursting up to 150k and sustaining 100k on those same dummies.

The argument was never can BM beat MM in burst. It can’t, not even close really. My point is he claims BM is 30-40k. I have proven that is not true.

1 Like

I agree with that. I’ve bursted up to around 120k on decent sized packs of around 10 mobs.

1 Like

its actually ridiculously easy with the Weak aura

It needs a baseline CD added to add some burst damage

Old Aspect of the wild combined with a large mastery buff would do the trick.

1 Like

If you are getting 25k AoE damage, your build is messed up or your rotation… Thats lower than my DPS on single target bosses when I get distracted or screw something up

Marks damage on dummies in not a fair comparison, because targets are always 100% hp and you have a permanent +50% damage to aimed shot. That said, in both practice and sims I find BM just does way less damage over all. It also doesn’t help that to do comparable single target damage to Marks, you have to sacrifice a lot of AoE. I love BM and wish it was close enough that I could play it, but marks is just too much better right now.

2 Likes

So a couple things, believe I am talking apples and you are talking oranges :slight_smile:

A pack is 4-6 mobs. Am sure there will be a spot or two in M+ dungeons where 10+ can be gathered, however that is an outlier currently or someone accidentally pulled.

Yes I can peak when everything is off cool over 100k at training dummies, that is not number I am reporting. Numbers I am using are once pack is dead. However…

As part of sorting this out, Details is grouping trash up when I look at trash. So it is showing me several minutes of trash. Sorted that on my end.

1 Like

They could easily make BM’s AoE burst more competitive and our ST better. For ST they could buff the amount of damage that happens when you activate Bestial Wrath by changing it to “Sends your pet into a rage instantly using a Kill Command…” and have that KC not use any charges. That would play well with our ST build and proc Dire Pack more often.

For AoE they could bake it into an existing talent like Kill Cleave. Something like “While Beast Cleave is active, Kill Command now also strikes nearby enemies for 50% of damage dealt. Bestial Wrath’s Kill Command also hits all targets when activated”

That would be huge. But keeping it reasonable like “…decreased when over 5 targets.”

I think they should also increase the range of kill cleave. It seems less than half of what beast cleave has in terms of range. Why shouldn’t they have the same range?

They haven’t done our talent trees yet, we still waiting.

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. In Shadowlands season 1, we pointed out all sorts of bugs and issues. They actually responded by saying they saved big changes for major content patches. We assumed that meant changes were coming. Then the next content patch came and not a damn thing was changed or fixed.

Hell, they’re completely reworking Druid trees while BM is still twiddling our thumbs waiting for bugged talents to be fixed.

8 Likes