BM in bgs/rbgs

As far as the meta is concerned, where does bm, or even hunter in general, fit in? been playing bm for a bit in casual bgs and while my gear sucks i feel it doesn’t really do any damage, do they just base sit? I’m wanting to really get into rbgs but not sure what spec would give me the best chances

It would help to get more honor gear. Most RBG groups that aren’t YOLOs want at least 22% and up vers. And even in unrated PvP you’ll find that much vers makes a difference.

BM is seeing an upswing in play, but it is oftentimes harder for a hunter to get into a pug group as opposed to others. You have the pet stun so you’re better off than MM is, though.

I’m sure there are more educated minds that can elaborate, but that’s the basics.

1 Like

I haven’t played any BM in rateds but for bgs in general they are ok. Decent damage but they lack burst I’ve found.

1 Like

It will get better, but you won’t be able really burst your enemies down like other classes in the meta. You can win… eventually. The biggest thing going for a BM hunter is the insane amount of pressure you can apply to a target. BM hunters have really strong consistent damage, pair that with a pet that has mortal wounds and we can make it very difficult for a target to heal. Stick close to the high burst teammates and focus on their target. With you preventing strong heals during their CD then you shouldn’t have any trouble.

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses guys i’ll focus on getting more vers and primarily support/consistent pressure team fighting

1 Like