BM Hunter Tier : Absolute Failure

At least you have dps options that aren’t laughable. My dps is bottom tier in M+ unless the stars align AND I have my 4 pc proc.

1 Like

Welp, 40K SV DPS pulls are still a thing, but now it only takes 2 buttons.

That post aged like milk.

They are letting survival have its moment to shine since it has basically been a dead spec since it got swapped to melee

2 Likes

You assume too much. It seems more like they have no idea what they are doing.

See Destro.

What was your standard for “won’t last long”? Because it hasn’t been that long.

Not this long.

I don’t remember 2 specs being this incredibly op for this long…ever.

I blame MDI.

Lol, wut? Do you have evidence of this?

Try Siege of Orgrimmar where all 3 Warlock specs were god tier for an entire year. It was so bad Blizzard just refused to nerf them because at that point countless guilds literally relied on Warlocks to kill bosses.

And here we are…almost 90 days later and the devs finally figured out what we’ve been telling them since day 1 of Tier.

GeeGees

Hunter

Beast Mastery
    All damage abilities and pet damage increased by 4%.
    Beast Cleave now causes your pet to strike other targets for 100% of your pet’s damage (was 90%).
Developers’ notes: Beast Mastery has not received as much AoE benefit from its set bonus as other specializations and consequently has fallen behind. We’re increasing the damage of their pets and Beast Cleave damage transfer to help their overall performance.

Beastmastery Hunter is literally the beginner “easy to play” class, let it be bad I don’t want a three button rotation class to top the charts of any category, while also maintaining full mobility and truckloads of utility, and I’m saying that as one of the most broken classes in the game lol

I use to love BM hunter in cata… I do not like the new mechanic of barb shot … boring

1 Like

At top tier play, it’s not a 3-button rotation.

My BM Hunter has more hot keys than my Warrior, my DK, or my Warlock.

Just maintaining Frenzy is 3 buttons. But there’s the NF aoe to consider and two (or three) buffs to maintain, misdirection to keep up and on the right unit, we’re expected to handle CC and interrupts and purges routinely. Plus Beast Cleave is not passive. Every 4 seconds you have to leave your base rotation and hit Multi-Shot.

Played right, it’s one of the more complex classes in the game.

Yes, at low level and at sub-par play, it’s simple - true of any class.

2 Likes

It’s incredibly boring. I can’t stand BM.

…maintaining frenzy is like one button. What are you playing?

Also, buffs, interrupts, and CC aren’t rotation, BM is a 3 button rotation. You literally have Kill Command, Cobra Shot/Multi SHot (depending on ST/AoE), and Barbed Shot. You add in Kill Shot at 20% health but that’s about it.

Everything else is a 60+ second cooldown and as such is not part of the core rotation.

2 Likes

Barbed Shot
Bestial Wrath

One of abilities affects the cooldown of Bestial Wrath and I have to be careful about when to use it (and when not to) in order to maximize the uptime of 3 stacks.

I’m not in-game right now and I honestly don’t recall the name (it’s macroed to one of my mouse buttons).

Three buttons to maximize the uptime on the most important part of the rotation.

And except for Counter Shot - ALL of my utility stuff affects my rotation so while it’s not “part of my rotation” I have to be aware of the need for any/all of them while doing my “three button rotation” - and if you knew a thing about BM Hunter doing anything but focusing solely on damage meters, you would know that.

My NF AOE is a big part of my damage throughput as well (more for the Haste buff (which I can’t leave if I’m going to use it) than for the actual damage although the damage is considerable, so that’s four - one of which is reticule placed (a PITA).

Additionally I have to keep up three buffs to keep my rotation at peak performance - Blood Fury, Aspect of the Wild, and (mentioned above) Bestial Wrath.

I’ve also got two “use” trinkets that do direct damage as well (I might have removed one last night - I was doing some gear changes) so there’s another 1 (or 2) things that have to be folded into my “rotation” if I’m going to get peak performance out of my BM Hunter.

Now, my DK? Pffft. That thing’s not worth the money I spent on a gaming mouse. That’s a dirt simple class to play.

I have to agree with Phodge. If you minimize the complexity of playing BM to a “3-button rotation”, you don’t know how to play it correctly. Yes, the base rotation may be 3 buttons, but there are so many other complicating factors that play into that with the utility and the other CDs or low-cooldown/mitigating-factor abilities.

I also see people say this “3-button rotation” stuff with demon hunters as well. It’s the same deal. There’s alot of great utility and other abilities offered by DH. If you just focus on the 3 buttons, GG.

I feel like we hear that all the time, but aren’t most classes primarily a 3-4 button rotation anyways?

1 Like

Yeah I guess you’re mostly right. So I’m not sure why certain classes get picked on about it.

BM has a low skill ceiling.

So do most wow classes.

Min/maxing it makes it a bit more complex but not my much. Just means you have to keep track of your buffs, and use your trinkets around certain buff periods.

Its the only class that can 100% of its rotation while moving. Which makes it good to learn encounters with and shot call for your raid.

Bm hunters rarely have to think about range limits. And pets have received massive buffs to get into range real quickly with kill command being basely the built in teleport mechanic they used to have as a talent.

Yes, if you focus on just using the 3 button rotation. I see bad hunters all the time not doing much dps and running with Growl on.