BM hunter main

I have mained feral for sometime now and love it but it’s time for a change. I have been entertaining the idea of maining BM in dragon flight. As simple as it is, it is super fun.

Is bm usually a good pick for m+ and raids? I am not looking to be fotm. Also will dabble in some pvp with bm.

2 Likes

BM’s usually pretty solid! We have some tiers where we’re up and some where we’re down. In SL we struggled with aoe but we were still out there running 20s. With kill command cleaving aoe “feels” better but I still don’t think we’re gonna be nuts in keys like warlocks. In DF I think we’re slated to be “decent” - not S tier but still should be fine. Plus if you like responsibility in your raid BM is pretty good for doing mechanics!

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you for your response :slight_smile:

Historically, it’s pretty meh for M+. I don’t think it’ll be meta for S1 of DF, but it’ll be solid enough. It’s no mage or rogue, but you can push reasonably high with any spec, if you can deal with player perception in pugs.

In raids, BM is a solid pick simply because of unlimited movement while being ranged. It’s the spec that handles mechanics the best while maintaining high uptime.

4 Likes

I’ve tried to play my BM Hunter again, because I just love that toon. It’s been my baby for 13 years. (No, i haven’t played 13 years straight, didn’t play WOD at all, and skipped most of SL). But it’s severely lacking against my Demo warlock. Even with the mobility. The Talent tree is HORRID. You are stuck behind locks and have to choose points you don’t want.

3 Likes

I say go for it dude. BM is simple-ish once you get the maintenance of barb shot. What i love about it is the unlimited movement for a range spec.

All in all BM hunter is basically a ranged warrior. Its all physical dmg your dealing out but instead of gap closers you have abilities thst help you gain distance from your foe.

Coming from mele to hunter, remember, distance is your friend.

3 Likes

Mine is only lvl 65, but pretty happy with it. Makes questing easy mode, and usually a top dps in dungeon content so far.

3 Likes