BM dps bad?

i raid one night a week due to work. i constantly get 95+ parses. Hunters are not as bad off as people pretend they are.

I don’t think it has anything to do with spec in 8.3, I think it’s more-so just what corruption affixes you have on your gear.

Wierd, hunters doing pretty good on the Limit stream right now and i don’t think there’s a higher level to world first race raiders.

Yeah a BM hunter was number 1 on dps for the first 5 fights in Method’s clears as well.

4 Likes

Killer Cobra “sims” higher than aspect of the beast, but that is only if played perfectly.

Thing that happens with killer cobra a lot is that you have to press barbed shot, sometimes more than you want to while bestial wrath is going, so you can sometimes only get 3 procs of kill command off. You always have to keep 3 stacks of barbed up, and you always have to dump a barb if you’re at 2.

I’ve bounced between killer cobra and aspect quite a bit, you have a pretty solid opener with killer then it drops off, or you can just have a steady dps that you don’t really have to worry about with aspect.

The difference between the 2 talents is about 400 dps.

(I myself currently have killer cobra set, but will probably be switching back to aspect when I log in. Killer cobra doesn’t fair very well during aoe.)

So Hunter’s are doing pretty good at the top level unlike what Triarah said.

1 Like

Exactly, all that talk about BM being bad this tier was… surprise surprise, completely wrong.

They are doing exceptionally well, so well in fact I am keeping my fingers crossed they don’t nerf us.

1 Like

It is early days. We always do well when our mobility provides an up time advantage. This will change when the other classes learn how to DPS the fights.

Ya me too. Its nice to know that we perform well against other hunters. Its how we perform against other DPS classes that is the problem.

So there will always be an excuse, first you said Hunters perform fine “at our level” but then evidence comes that in can perform more that fine at the biggest level just to hear another “reason”.

Fine. We can revisit this in a few weeks and debate it then.

1 Like

No need for that all, you said it was only good for certain level. Again, what level is better that world first raiders? That doesn’t need anymore time to know.

1 Like

Ok few weeks have passed, Beast Mastery Hunters were the best DPS in Mythic before the corruption nerf and are the 2nd best after the corruption nerf. Source:

Pre-Nerf: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24#region=1&dataset=90&aggregate=amount

Post-Nerf:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24#dataset=90&aggregate=amount

So where is the Hunter only doing good at a certain level and not being competitive at the top level (even tho that was proven wrong with the World First Race)?

What’s there to debate besides you being objectively wrong?

id say corruption is your issue.