BM dps bad?

Posting here, anyone else get deeper into the new raid? As we got more along my dps went to crap. No clue, some hunters are doing OK, I just went to crap.
Ideas

Idea #1 post on your hunter so we know what you’re wearing.

3 Likes

BM DPS is very good… if you are performing bad its not the class…

3 Likes

If you switch to your hunter and equip the talents and gear you had we could offer you some helpful advice.

In general BM dps isn’t #1 but its well above average compared to everything else out there.

2 Likes

Take this with a grain of salt as there is less than one week of data available/patch is still new/mythic hasn’t released yet, but currently BM is ranked #5 out of all dps specs for the raid.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24/#aggregate=amount

1 Like

Yeah noticed i was on the wrong toon just now… sorry

Good to know… looked into a few things… I do agree

Opps… did it again… this is my hunter

Holy cow dude, your gear is awesome.

Sure that shirt is so last season and the head isn’t completely ideal (it has Dances with Death but blightborne is middle of the road) but really everything is great. You might want to sim yourself a bit on raidbots and see if some of those crit gems and enchants can’t be switched to haste but other than that your gear is fine.

Talent-wise I would use Animal Companion which got buffed into being the best in row for nearly all situations, but that alone would only be a few percentage points difference and not a major dps improvement.

My thought is either your rotation needs work or you’re comparing yourself to guys who are seriously killing it.

As far as rotation goes
Upload your logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/
And analyze them…
https://wowanalyzer.com/
Follow the advice. It’s a bit generic but it can be helpful. Most of it boils down to:

1. maintain 3 frenzy stacks as long as possible
  2. use kill command as much as possible
  3. use bestial wrath as much as possible
  4. don’t sit on 2 charges of barbed shots, use 1 immediately so you reduce your bestial wrath cd and can earn another charge.
  5. Don’t die. That really kills your dps output.

Or maybe your rotation is great and you just roll with dudes who are so OP and no matter how good you are, you’re never going to match up with them.

3 Likes

Yes do use it for raids, just out and about choose to not, but yes noticed that was a big change as well as Killer Corba.

always been #1 or top 3 in the EP raid doing the same i am now and beating those same people.

OMG… nailed it, will check the logs, you are very awesome and Thank You for reminding me of wowanalyzer, forgot about that, that alone could help me out.

lol had this shirt since I started playing.

Was thinking I need to get the neck to level 75 for last trait might help, also that is my only head for now which the reason is it simmed more then any other.
Simed my chants and gems, seems I have enough haste.

Thanks for taking the time.
Anything else people want to add, please do.
I have other trinkets, Razor, Font, Harlons, Gale. My set up here is for mythic +, works well for me.
Thanks again
Red

Heart level 75 would help a lot. The extra heart essence can make a big difference.

For me grinding that last bit of AP was tedious as all hell. Flashbacks to 8.2 when I unsubbed because of that tedious AP grind.

Surprisingly no hunter changes were made for 8.3 and most of the other classes got little nerfs or tweaks.

2 Likes

You have ideal gear. You should be pulling 53k+ in raid no problem. Hell your gear is almost as good as mine.

Note I have questing trinkets and essences equipped

Speaking from a PvE perspective I wouldn’t say this. Hunter DPS as a whole has not been very good since WoD.

We get the job done especially in low to mid tier guilds where the overall talent level of the players evens things out. In upper tier guilds where the talent level is higher on average we fall in the bottom half of the DPS classes and only perform really well in single target encounters.

We definitely need some buffs to be truly competitive in the upcoming expansion.

3 Likes

You are kinda geared. Are you saying that you are at the bottom of damage meters with that gear?

Your HoA is 74. Maybe those who beat you are at 75 with a 3rd Minor Essence.

Topping means you are very active on the raid. You should be among the first to hit the mobs. If you hit the mobs later than everyone, you wont reach top 1. You should know this already.

What fight are you behind? If single target, we are fine. If single target with 3 and above targets, we should be ok. If on 2 targets, dont expect us to top 1.

If you are on single target rotation while others are on nuking rotation on adds, that’s another way to be at the bottom. But you should already know this.

And another thing, I have heard of Corruption mechanics. I am totally zero about that topic. If everyone is on Corruption and you are not, maybe that’s another reason why you are at the bottom. I have heard that those who used Corruption are bit OP compared to those who dont.

I havent tried to raid yet this week. I may do it this weekend. I saw some new Corruption animation on my M+ runs from a party member. But I didnt care becoz I outdps’d him by a mile. Maybe a high level gear using corruption would destroy my DPS.

I wanna hear BM DPS stories.

I don’t know if this is accurate or not, but a couple videos have mentioned that Hunters are on the lower side of the damage spectrum in the raid + it’s preference to melee classes.
Plus it feels like Hunters in general fell a little weaker than they used to be.

1 Like

when played right you can easily be the top DPS in a raid… i am in my mythic guild when i can raid.

1 Like

Ok I checked most of you and you all have great gear but I noticed that a lot of you have Aspect of the Beast over killer cobra. I tried to sign but raidbot tell me that killer cobra is better than AotB. What do you think?

Any suggestion about my gear,stats or talents?

Yes

Yes

I learned this last night, I was able to get higher sims now.

Yes it is better.

Over all spending a few hours trying my gear I was able to add two Corruption items, changed a ring, my dps went up about 2500 on sims.

Now just running Animal Comp. and killer cobra full time.

I have also ( for new raid ) have single target set up and AOE set up with mythic plus and daily one since not all trinkets are needed with WQ’s

over all I got my simmed dps up 2500-3000k Will see this next week in raid

Thanks for the help friends…
Please keep it coming!
Red

I’ve debated between the two because I’ve heard that Aspect can boost your pet’s damage even when affected by AC, so i’m either way on it personally.

From a pure fight design stand point, my first impression is that Ny’alotha will be less punishing for us than the previous tiers as there are much fewer spread cleave scenarios that we struggle on. Boss damage has not been an issue with BM for most of the expansion. We just don’t get to pad on those big secondary targets. There is also more tight cleave which is something we are good at.

1 Like

Look at our profiles we have the exact same raiding profile over last tier. I took time off so that was my 1st raid tier this expansion.

We are, at best, upper mid tier raiders. As I said, at our level, Hunters perform fine. We carry 3 of them on our raid team. That said, you cannot deny, Hunters fall in the bottom half of DPS classes above our raid level. Look at Warcraft Logs the proof is in the actual numbers.

That does not make us a bad DPS class. In true single target encounters we do better. The problem is those type fights are few and far between.

2 Likes