[BM] [Bug]Aspect of the Wild and Thrill of the hunt talent not increasing crit % at all as of 8.2

Aspect of the Wild and Talent Thrill of the Hunt not giving CRIT anymore as of 8.2!

If you look at your character sheet and either stack thrill with barbed shot or use Aspect of the wild you will no see your crit chance % increase!

Go try it for yourself.

Uch. I’ll check it out when I’m on tomorrow but if this is the case that’s a nasty bug and they probably will ignore it for a while.

1 Like

Hopefully they don’t because it’s a pretty big bug! That completely renders Thrill of the Hunt worthless as a talent.

And missing 10% critical strike during arguably our biggest cool down as BM is huge too!

Can’t say I didn’t expect it at this point honestly. :frowning:

This saw it’s first reports during the beta phase for BfA. The response at the time apparantly was that these effects do include you as the hunter and not just your pet.
But they did not want them to affect other things such as trinkets or other random procs that weren’t directly tied to the class toolkit.

Which is the reason why the increase to crit chance does not show up on your character page.

I will say this.
This is not something that I saw the answers to myself. I just heard it from other players that did report it at the time of the Beta.

2 Likes

Tried it today and seems to be showing up.

Really weird.

Just tested this again to make sure and you do not get any critical strike % increase from these two.

I have 30% crit. When I use Aspect of the wild I still have 30% crit.
Same with thrill of the hunt, if I use a barbed shot I should go to 33% crit with one stack but instead I remain at 30% crit.

This hurts BM hunters ability to get more wild call resets for barbed shot reset.
This also severely hurts the Azerite trait “Dance of death” since it directly takes it’s chance to proc from YOUR CRIT CHANCE

1 Like

Like the previous responded stated both Aspect of the WIld (AOTW) and Thrill of the Hunt (TOTH) doesn’t show this increased critical chance on your character tab, but it is working on the back end.
However, TOTH is not currently increasing your pet crit change so this talents is a dps decrease compare to Murder of Crows talents

2 Likes

If it working “On the back end.” Azerite traits such as Dance of Death are not getting value from those talents / abilities then.

And after shooting a target dummy for awhile it seems like it doesn’t work on the back end either. My auto shot only crit 33% of the time over 10 minutes which is only 3% above my static crit. I have procs like Crows nest scope and unstable flame giving me the extra crit over 30%. I keep thrill up the entire time which means at the very least I should crit 39% of auto shots on average. But I don’t think I’m getting any type of benefit from Thrill right now.

Barbed Shot increases your critical strike chance by 3% for 8 sec, stacking up to 3 times.

You should just get 9% crit chance on your character sheet at 3 stacks.

I take all your concerns to my next Blizzard/s Devs meeting.

I forgot to mention what Bloodtone said in his comment.

TOTH atm is essentially meant as a way for you to gain a buff yourself when using Barbed Shot that by default gives your pet the Frenzy-buff. TOTH is just a way for you to benefit more when using Barbed Shots as well.

Currently, it does not affect the critical strike chance of any attacks made by your pet.
I’m not a theorycrafter myself, but yeah, according to for example Icy Veins, picking TOTH is, in general, a dps loss over picking A Murder of Crows(AMoC).
It’s partially able to compete in certain situations, such as with heavy AoE-periods. Sometimes in M+. And apparently, any Dance of Death-trait(s) you might have, does benefit from this talent.

I guess you can take from this that, AoE through Beast Cleave(your pet) is not affected by TOTH while if you use either Barrage or Stampede, those 2 are affected by it. Might be wrong, but at least it sounds like that could be the case as the talent does not benefit your pet attacks.
Also, that most likely means that the Stomp talent would have the same disadvantage as Beast Cleave attacks, as it’s pet based.
And so on…

Anyway, looking at the BM talents overall, I would say there are several of them that are in desperate need of improvements(not just talking about numbers tuning…).
Scent of Blood, Venomous Bite, Thrill of the Hunt, Stampede, Spitting Cobra
to mention a few…

Not to mention that you have the possibility to add an extra 5 stand-alone abilities through your talents as BM(6 in total, but 2 are on the same row). All of those are just plain, press-when-ready-abilities.
When you also have talents such as Scent of Blood and Venomous Bite with passive effects that are barely noticeable. I really hope we can get some more depth to the spec in the future. Not just by thematic design but also through the feel of gameplay.

1 Like

If they actually made it like this then that is the most janky crap I’ve ever heard.
It should just be 9% crit.

Well, Blizz heard your complaints that the game was too simplified, so they created a buff that was so overly convoluted in its implementation that even they can’t figure out how it works, but apparently, there’s a DPS bonus in there somewhere.

After running some tests got to the conclusion It’s made to apply the buff on the hunter alone (not pet) and it won’t affect HoA, trinket procs nor other effects aside from your class’ spells and abilities.

I guess this was foresaw to keep the balance in hunter’s talent tree.